Author Topic: Cheap Car Hire  (Read 1444 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Cheap Car Hire
« on: January 04, 2017, 14:17. »
We are coming to GA on Friday for 22 days, I've just checked the car hire prices v. what I've reserved at.......next job is to rebook ;-)

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline veronica

Cheap Car Hire
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 16:12. »
Thanks hen xx

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Cheap Car Hire
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 18:48. »
Time to give credit where it is due. On our recent visit to GA, we hired a Nissan Micra from Record Go. I have for many years hired through Dickmans but on this occasion they could not oblige so, with some trepidation (having read some negatives about the company) I booked with Record Go, through Hirecarsinspain.com, for the princely sum of 34.48 euros for 30 days. Ridiculously cheap, really, but who's complaining. I also took the full to empty option for fuel as I had every expectation of using it all. No queues at the airport desk, great. The car on collection was almost brand new, it had done all of 564 kilometres to date, and it received a very close inspection as it looked, and was, spotless. No damage recorded on the sheet and none visible. Deposit of 950 euros blocked on (not charged to) my c/card so no conversion cost issues to contend with.

30 days later the car returned to the airport. Together with the receiving agent, I again inspected the car and we agreed there was no damage. He made the appropriate entry on his hand held computing device. I walked the 30 yards or so to the office in the corner whereupon the young man there looked at his screen and duly stamped my contract with a big 'no damage' and dated rubber stamp. I thought great so far but I wonder how long it will be for the c/card block to be lifted.

I was still airborne when the email came through confirming the release of the 950 euros, a very pleasant surprise when I turned the phone back on in Belfast airport. Not only that, but a refund was also processed to my card for the 1/4 tank of fuel that I had not managed to use, precisely 1/4 of the original fuel charge (I had expected a refund, because it was in the contract, but anticipated that a 'refuelling charge' would probably wipe out the value - not so).

I have to say that all in all it was a very good experience with Record and would make me want to use them again.

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Cheap Car Hire
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 19:33. »
I don't even think about using anyone else Michael, I've had some super cars from them of late, two of the last four I've had being brand new
As with you, the refund for unused fuel has been issued within a couple of hours of returning the car

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kh511

Cheap Car Hire
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 19:54. »
i have always used record go very good service