Author Topic: car break in  (Read 1683 times)

GAMagazine

car break in
« on: February 20, 2015, 15:50. »
Be careful parking along the front of Arenales. For the second time in two years I have had my car broken into. Both times the side window was broken. There was nothing on show as everything was in the boot. Think they broke the window, reached in, dropped the back seat, and got access to the boot.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
car break in
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 16:24. »
That's bad news Barry.
After it happened to me I started taking the rear parcel shelf out so they could see that the boot was empty
Was it quiet?

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

GAMagazine

car break in
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 17:18. »
There were not many cars about. Nothing in the car was on view. So suppose they were taking pot luck. They had also tried to force the door lock.

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
car break in
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 17:43. »
One of the problems here may well be to do with the policing.  There is often a visible police presence in this area, but they only serve as a deterrent for the time they are in attendance.  If they were not to advertise the fact, they might actually catch somebody at it, & once that happens, the word would go around.

Offline Philndeb

car break in
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 23:17. »
It's quite hard to catch people breaking into cars, unless they set up CCTV a which is expensive.

Offline Up the iron

car break in
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 11:31. »
My hire cars have always had the parcel shelf removed for that very reason.

GAMagazine

car break in
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 14:45. »
Running a business I have to have things with me, plus of course everything you need to have in your boot if stopped by the police

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
car break in
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 15:09. »
I'm surprised they "did" your car Barry, it's obviously not a hire car where better pickings can be expected.
It spoils what should be a relaxing walk worrying about what you are going to come back to.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Philndeb

car break in
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 17:23. »
I always carefully remove the hire car sticker from the back of the car, and leave the glove box open when parked so they can see it's empty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk