Author Topic: Gran Alacant for 3 weeks in October  (Read 6817 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Gran Alacant for 3 weeks in October
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 18:47. »
Im not a fan of keys in a box. We have them for absolute emergencies only. Also I like my property managers to actually see who is staying. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2016, 22:15. »
I have to agree with previous posts, friends have also rented properties on GA whilst holidaying with us, one was up on altomar the other behind the Shirley bassey both involved ringing key holder on arrival who met us at the door, a speedy here's the fridge etc, never saw person again. Standard of cleanliness left something to be desired, we were quite embarrassed as we could see the disappointment. Needless to say property was left spotless much better than arrival, speedy wouldn't have to lift a finger to earn the 50 euro cleaning charge. We now do private rentals from trusted friends.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Stuart159

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2016, 22:27. »
I'm with John on this one, it's our house, it's not for rent. I've had friends who have used AHV and have expressed there satisfaction as to the service received. However, before our house was complete we stayed in a house on 3.2F for a week, it was a **** hole, dirty, damp, scruffy and in need of a good makeover. I'd have been embarrassed to have been the owner. But, they made a few bob off me. Walk past it now every now and again and it looks like it's still awaiting the makeover it needed back in 2006.

Offline patj999

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 19:32. »
Hi Stuart159
What do you mean by house on3.2F

Is this Alamar 2

Offline Maricia

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2016, 08:31. »
Hi Stuart159
What do you mean by house on3.2F

Is this Alamar 2

No 3.2F is an Urb known as Monte Y Mar (up the hill) close to the steep beach road/old market street and is mainly town house with a number of 3 bedroom apartments.  Altomar 2 is an Urb at the top of Gran Alacant that consists mainly of 2 bedroom apartments (some 3 bed) that is near to the new market and a good walk to the beach.  It might be useful for you to look at an area map in GA Magazine (link on the main page of this website).

BW

Maricia

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2016, 09:28. »
It might be an idea if you google you tube gran alacant train, theres a good little journey been put on this July, which starts its journey around Altomar 2, and then you might get a visual idea of what we all mean when we say up the hill and down the hill when we all talk about where things are. It might help you decide if you want to be up the hill and up for a bit of hill walking to get down and/or getting the train or bus to down the hill or the reverse, at least it might give you a "look", there are quite a few tourist videos that give you a good look at the area and indeed as Maricia says a map view can give you a good outline with names of the different urbs. I think theres a map in the g a advertisers. Either way when you get here do yourselves a full round trip on the train and that will give you a good look at it all. Good luck.
Hazel