Author Topic: bloody hell....  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
bloody hell....
« on: February 15, 2015, 02:30. »
Why are you moving peoples posts, ie Charity shop?
Who are you the Gestapo??
Who cares where they post ,they are doing something good for GA.
 You should promote the people of GA doing good, not censor it!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 02:35. by Phillip »
Phillip

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
bloody hell....
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 02:50. »
oh yes just looked and saw someone selling a book and promoting a mag....have this been moved to"free ad"????
GET A GRIP!
Phillip

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
bloody hell....
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 09:26. »
Morning Phillip, it was the same people who clear all the Spam postings, links to websites that you wouldn't want your children to see, posts that have no relevance to GA........the list could go on.

We are doing our best to administer a helpful, friendly and informative Forum that's easy to navigate and blowing our own trumpets, although early days, I reckon we are doing a pretty decent job of it.

Regards all

John
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:29. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Admin

• Administrator
bloody hell....
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 11:14. »
Good morning all, I hold my hand up to this one as I am the one who actually moved the posts to the other categories. John Hannon is absolutely right with his response and I must thank both "Moderators" for doing a superb job so far and yes it is still early days for us all. At this stage I think it is quite important to have some kind of order to postings going into the right category and if there are other posts that I have missed then I apologize for it. I don´t have to explain my actions, but I will. The main purpose to all of this revolves around ¨"searches". I monitor the daily stats for this site several times every day and you would be surprised at the number of searches that take place where people are looking for information on a particular board e.g. looking for Restaurant recommendations under "Restaurants, Bars & Clubs",  items for sale under "Free Ads" and so on ... and so on ... we are just trying to keep everything in good order and be as helpful to the members and guest visitors as we can (guests do carry out a lot of searches because they are not familiar with our forum). Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:17. by Admin »

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
bloody hell....
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 14:45. »
Perhaps the title of this thread should have been moderated!

Bert

Offline Mildred

bloody hell....
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 15:04. »
As the manager of the ECH Charity shop.  I was informed about this a week ago, that my post for the Charity shop would be placed on the page for selling goods.

Opppsssss   I forgot.  I have no objection to these post being moved.

I would like to thank the administrator's for the support they give to the shop.

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
bloody hell....
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 15:35. »
Hi Phillip,
This is not just a show of solidarity, but I have to agree with both Admin & John Gannon,
I would add to their comments that, as everyone who visited the old Plaza will verify, it can be off-putting if free rein is allowed.  I know of many folk who "dropped out" of the Plaza because of the nauseating personal & objectionable stuff that was posted & remained, justified by freedom of speech.
This forum has tried to prevent this on the grounds of the bigger the contributing membership, the more & diverse information is available to all & sundry.
There is always an irrevocable freedom. -  the right to neither contribute or belong.
Let's get it right & keep it that way!!!!

granalacant

bloody hell....
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 18:30. »
links to websites that you wouldn't want your children to see

John

A bit strange really. As far as I understand John is well over 50, so his children must be over 20 or 30 I would imagine. Is he STILL controlling what they might see or not?

How many children (i.e. to clarify: people under 18) actually follow the forum?
just wondering    :P

granalacant

bloody hell....
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 18:49. »
just remember John mentioning he gets out spam etc.

A bit strange as - at least on the wordpress forums I manage - this is done automatically and for free by the software itself. So I presume that this can also be done for this website.

Mind you, still get the option to have all these offers of watches, body extensions, pills etc. sent to your email address. I find it actually quite funny that someone puts in his time to put these adverts on, and someone else spends also his time removing them. As for the ads themselves - oh well, I suppose someone is earning a few cents on them   :-)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 21:03. by Admin »

Offline Joe1965

bloody hell....
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 22:56. »
Well done to the Admin team.

In my opinion this forum is a fresh start and something that I embrace and now am encouraged to post topics and messages simply because I know that the Admin will keep the forum troll free and organised.

And it is quite simple................if it isn't for you then you don't have to post.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
bloody hell....
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 23:41. »
Fully agree and support the admin in this, far better that things are classified as appropriate instead of everything all jumbled up in one forum.

A totally unwarranted - and, frankly, disgraceful - attack. References to the Gestapo are well out of order.

Michael.
Mike and Jane Hopper

granalacant

bloody hell....
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 07:01. »
Hey, why do the Gestapo have such a bad press?

Their jackets (made by Hugo Boss) were quite nice    :-(

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
bloody hell....
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 16:19. »
Who the hell do you guys think you are???....
  :)  Only joking....Yes I can see the points made on the whole, just it the first time i have seen something moved and it happened to be a good cause.
I could not see the reasoning, but now see the bigger picture.

"unwarranted,disgraceful attack" I dont really think it was that bad, but yes agree, I could of just asked why it was moved instead of getting on my high horse.
So my apologies to the moderators.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 16:34. by Phillip »
Phillip

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
bloody hell....
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 18:32. »
No problem Phillip, thank you

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."