Author Topic: Gas Natural  (Read 2050 times)

Offline bramleylad

Gas Natural
« on: June 10, 2016, 01:46. »
Hi ,i have a Gas Natural boiler in our house which i want removing to go back to the electric style boiler ,has anyone had any experience of dealing with them as regards to getting them to take a boiler out ,i.e how easy /how long did they take to respond to your request, was any cost incurred?  any info much appreciated

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

Gas Natural
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 12:22. »
Just curious, why are you going back to electric

Offline bramleylad

Gas Natural
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 20:06. »
Hi Barry , it's just i don't want to be paying standing charge to Gas Natural all the time  when i'm already forking out to Iberdrola  :(

Gas Natural
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 20:23. »
Exactly what I have been saying about natural gas water heating. Very interesting.

Offline Brandon

Gas Natural
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 12:50. »
Hi Brambley Lad,

Your other option is keep the gas natural boiler and just disconnect the gas.
You could fit 2 or 3 bottles in parallel and still use gas but go bottled instead of GAS NATURAL.
We had an electric boiler and went to gas natural but kept the electric boiler as a backup if we wanted to go back.
We will stick with Gas for now as with the electric boiler you will only get enough for 1 shower. No such limitation with gas.
Also the standing charge for gas is relatively small compared to electric fees.
I think it is much cheaper to run the gas boiler includeing standing charge as opposed to Iberdrola unit costs.
For what you will save, is it worth the hassle?
Do you have a gas cooker or gas heater in the house?... If so, how do you plan to power these?
Also, tha Gas Natural allows you the option to go with central heating in the future if required.

Best of luck if you decide to change either way.

regards,
Brandon
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:52. by Brandon »

Gas Natural
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 15:30. »
What is the yearly standing charge for natural gas?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Gas Natural
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 16:45. »
I'd have had gas for central heating and hot water installed were it not for where the exhaust vent pipe work would need to run, aesthetically it would have looked terrible.
As Brandon says the ability to have good long hot showers would have been worth the price alone, never mind keeping the house warm in winter.
From memory, my notes are in Spain, I think the standing charges were less than €2 a week, I could be wrong though.
The KW charge for the gas was much lower than the electric, my fag packet calculations said in total gas and electric would be cost neutral with the electric on our usage

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Gas Natural
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 16:40. »
You can't use bottled gas on a natural gas boiler.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk