Author Topic: Title deeds ?  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Title deeds ?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2016, 22:51. »
Where does that come from? Is it written into law somewhere?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline bramleylad

Title deeds ?
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 00:50. »
WHAAAAAT ! nobody mentioned keeping our old passports ,who saves all their old passports ?  your'e obviously the same person or they wouldn't renew it surely ?

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Title deeds ?
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 07:10. »
Oops. I think I might have the number on some correspondence somewhere but that's it.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Title deeds ?
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 10:44. »
I have no idea what the law says but we were advised to keep our old passports for any resale of the property so that's what we have done. They are filed along with the deeds.
As the title deeds make reference to your passport that was current at the sale it seemed reasonable to follow the advice and keep them.
Perhaps someone who has sold and moved can advise if they were required.
Dave

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Title deeds ?
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 11:24. »
Made sure I have copy of my Spanish deeds held in different location didn't have mortgage so everything straight forward , what a lot of people don't realise is that when you sell your house you need the passport that you had when you purchased the property.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Crazy!, DNA and fingerprints would be more secure.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Title deeds ?
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 11:26. »
Never heard that one don't think I have my old one anymore I'm sure an NIE number and a new passport will suffice might have to look for the old ones though

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Title deeds ?
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 12:39. »
Our solicitor in Spain who handled our purchase has notarised copies of our old passports on file, you will probably find that the solicitor who handled your purchase has the same. I only know this because we went through our file with her last year when we were contemplating selling.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere before that these are required.

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Title deeds ?
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 15:10. »
I had a similar issue when making a change on a sabadell bank account which had taken over my halifax hispania account opened 14 years earlier, no changes could be made without both account holders and the passports used to open the account in 2002. With the now ex wife residing in Australia not willing to pop over to GA it became a nightmare of tooing and froing to complete a simple task. Bureaucracy gone mad.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Title deeds ?
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 16:47. »
Well, we all know about the Spanish love of paperwork and bureaucracy so it really wouldn't surprise me to find out that this is true. It is still quite mad though.

A cousin currently has her property up for sale, she has owned it over 10 years so must be on a different passport now, if she gets a buyer I will let you all know if this turns out to be a problem.

Edit: Just spoken to her, she was surprised to hear about this and has not been advised about it by anyone, including her selling agents. We will see.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 16:51. by Aficionado »
Mike and Jane Hopper