Author Topic: EU Exit  (Read 18450 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2016, 19:18. »
Well if we thought Friday was a turbulent day for UK politics today has proved to be even more so we now have (and this is as of 1815).

No PM, no Labour Party left Nicola sturgeon saying she may overrule  the referendum in the Scottish Parliament David Lammay saying we should overrule it in a vote at Westminster . Boris is saying nothing and the EU are encouraging us to invoke clause 50 which makes it out in 2 years and cannot be reversed but at present no one has the guts to do it ..

God knows what will happen when the city opens tomorrow

It's a shambles

Come on step up to the plate the people spoke

Offline elriscal

EU Exit
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2016, 19:59. »
Boris is dealing with important matters like who will be PM in 3 month's time. So don't blame him he has no time for minor matters like the EU.

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2016, 20:01. »
& still no word on my library card!!!!!

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2016, 20:16. »
Yes you certainly get the impression that Boris has already moved onto his real agenda ie becoming prime minister

It seems no one has a plan for how to move forward and no one has an clue what to do amazing !!!!

Offline john and sue

EU Exit
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2016, 23:40. »
Yep, there's a strong possibility that the only tangible outcome of this referendum is that Boris Johnson will become our un-elected Prime Minister.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2016, 23:46. »
Just read this;

Not BREXIT but BREIN
A message from Ximo Puig the President of the Valencian Community.
Europe cannot be understood without the United Kingdom. The Europe which the world admires, is that which has been the hotbed of the brightest ideas of human thought for centuries. The Europe of Shakespeare, Newton, Darwin, Stuart Mill, Jane Austen, Dickens, John Lennon, Keynes.
The Europe of parliamentary democracy and freedom. The Europe which displaces the boundaries of art and knowledge, radiating creativity to the rest of the world. It is the Europe of peace after the war. From that peace has evolved the material that allows the real progress of peoples. In short, Europe has largely learned to be what it is, thanks to the UK.
In Valencia we understand this. More than 82,000 British citizens live with us. 89% of these in the province of Alicante. In 2015 more than 2 million Britons visited us. And their preferred destination was Alicante, especially Benidorm.
We export in value almost 3,000 million euros, and the UK is one of the main investors in Valencia Province. To all those, who live among us and to our visitors, the investors, the Generalitat Valenciana wants to send a message of calm and reiterate our affection and gratitude.
This message of tranquillity extends to our businesses, and to the thousands of people from Valencia who for work or for study reasons are in the UK.
The Valencian Community has been, is, and will be a welcoming land, a land that wants to do business for the benefit of all. Whatever the next chapter in Europe will be, we want it to be written with friendship and cooperation with the United Kingdom.
No political project is without its risks and challenges. Europe has to change, adapt and combine all identities and sensibilities. All forms of feeling European. Europe needs to regain its sense of being.
We have to once again make a reality of the quote of Jean Monnet. "We are not bringing together states, we are uniting people." We need to regain our passion for Europe. XIMO PUIG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
EU Exit
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2016, 23:52. »
Wasn't that his agenda all along.You could see how shocked he was when the out vote won.He just wanted David Cameron out.
(I'm talking about Boris John)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 23:55. by David D »

Offline ian-steele

• Supreme Member
EU Exit
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2016, 11:39. »
the last dying words that jesus uttered on the cross was ''FORGIVE THEM LORD FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO'' This sums up the euro vote.
people who live in glass houses should undress in the dark !

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2016, 13:00. »
Just saw on the bbc a labour mp who stated that as a parliamentarian he will vote against leaving the eu irrespective of the referendum result because he believes the people are wrong. Apparently the referendum was also now according to some only advisory and the result not necessarily binding. Who said democracy was alive clearly not in some labour constituencies.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2016, 13:09. »
Agree victor I don't think they will invoke clause 50 of the Lisbon treaty until they have had another few goes of making us give the "answer" they want  and not the one the people voted for .wasnt my choice but I can't believe the post referendum behaviour  of our so called "leaders". No moral fibre no honesty no balls ,!!!!

Offline elriscal

EU Exit
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2016, 13:19. »
Just saw on the bbc a labour mp who stated that as a parliamentarian he will vote against leaving the eu irrespective of the referendum result because he believes the people are wrong. Apparently the referendum was also now according to some only advisory and the result not necessarily binding. Who said democracy was alive clearly not in some labour constituencies.

so if I understand correctly (a) the letter to Brussels is in the post but there might be a postal delay of some months (or years) and (b) but if Brussels decide this is undemocratic, art. 7 of the Treaty gets involved. Or in other words, England gets bumped out.
I suppose that is what Merkel meand when she said to go slow ...

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2016, 14:43. »
Thats the clever thing article 50 came in 2009 and has not been used yet by any country. The detail in article 50 is really lacking with specifics on time scales etc, it is clearly open to interpretation which no doubt people on opposing sides will claim is the correct way forward. Clearly some eu countries are jealous of the uk being such a prosperous country and would take great pleasure in seeing us go under. Hopefully Britain will now unite and show the doomsayers we dont give in.
They dont like it up em !

Offline elriscal

EU Exit
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2016, 15:55. »
Thats the clever thing article 50 came in 2009 and has not been used yet by any country. The detail in article 50 is really lacking with specifics on time scales etc, it is clearly open to interpretation which no doubt people on opposing sides will claim is the correct way forward. Clearly some eu countries are jealous of the uk being such a prosperous country and would take great pleasure in seeing us go under. Hopefully Britain will now unite and show the doomsayers we dont give in.

Ian Peisleys son already recommended everyone to take out an Irish passport, Scotland seems to be heading for the exit, and London seems quite ... uneasy.
I am sure (!) the EU court will have an opinion on art. 50 - after all, London has submitted to its jurisdiction   :-)
So people vote to get out - and then we get "but we wait". Not really democratic, is it? (and no, not saying what I personally voted). Only see from the brexiters are serie of "we voted because we are againts ..."  and never "because positively" ...

Offline elriscal

EU Exit
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2016, 20:45. »

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2016, 21:04. »
Great bit of banter today from David Cameron who welcomed a new labour mp to the House of Commons this afternoon on her first day then told her to keep her mobile turned on as she may be in the shadow cabinet later tonight.   Brilliant !!!