Author Topic: El Veintiseis (Los Arenales)  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Mark Etheridge

El Veintiseis (Los Arenales)
« on: June 16, 2016, 10:17. »
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this place before...

As a rule of thumb, whenever we are out looking for somewhere new to eat, we always go for the place that looks busy. I have never seen El Veintiseis anything less than packed out at lunchtime, the place is always heaving.

If you look inside, it's a bit drab and could do with a lick of paint. It is noisy, a bit cramped - but those are the only downsides.

The menu del dia is 10 Euros, and for that you get superb basic home-cooked Spanish food, served very quickly by what seems to be an army of waiters. They need them too, they are rushed off their feet - but the point of this place is that it is wildly popular with the locals (you will have difficulty finding a table on a Sunday). Just compare it with the other restaurants nearby, which are half empty even at this time of the year. The owners of El Veintiseis have hit on the secret of success.

Okay, it's not haute cuisine, but if you want a taste of the real Spain, you could do a lot worse. It is now one of our favourite places in the area.

Offline kira

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 13:40. »
We had a lovely meal there on Sunday....we just got in and wondered why there were lots of 'empty tables but they were turning people away and telling them to come back at 5....then suddenly all the people that had obviously booked descended.....it was buzzing with food and conversation.....well worth the visit...we will definitely be back!

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 18:25. »
Mark this place has been recommended several times over the years, we went over the weekend in may and it as you say appears empty with the front of house turning people away , the locals then leave the beach and descend. The food is terrific spanish fayre. They must do several hundred covers over a weekend which speaks volumes.As you say it is busy and very noisy with little or no english spoken which suits us.
They dont like it up em !

Offline john and sue

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 21:41. »
El Veinteseis is superb. They have a great business model and work it very well. Included in the price is 2 courses plus salad, bread, desert / coffee and a drink with wine being more or less 1/2 a bottle. Great place... if you can get in.

BTW, Bella Vista next door is also quite good and gets busy.

Sorry, one more - the Italian place at the beginning of the strip - Al Dente - good menu del dia and even better lunch time pizza menu. Not as busy as the other two but good.

Online BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 23:01. »
Please stop promoting the Urba Nova strip so much (this secret might get out) Lol

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

BeachLife

Online BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 23:05. »
"Chill Out" bar - I like it there ....

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

BeachLife

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x