Author Topic: Wow, what a brilliant Menu del Dia  (Read 2662 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Wow, what a brilliant Menu del Dia
« on: May 12, 2016, 23:56. »
We had lunch today at Restaurante Sunset Beach at the end of Playa del Cura in Torrevieja, if you want to sample a superb menu del dia give it a visit.
Superb location over looking the bay, modern clean decor, great service and superb food.
We've often thought it looks good when walking past but never dined there before.
It was a bit chilly so we asked to sit inside, we were given a table in the window with a view across the bay. Mrs H said to me "I reckon this is going to be good, lovely cutlery, sparking glasses and linen table cloth and serviettes"
The bread rolls were fresh and warm, delivered with a pot of garlic butter and mustard mayonnaise, a treat in itself
Mrs H had a tomatoe soup that definitely didn't come out of a tin or packet, accompanied with a small jug of fresh cream.....she loved it.
I had cheese croquettes, not the normal little tubes, two big pattie shaped croquettes that were amazing accompanied by a great salad, chutney and raspberry sauce.
For mains Mrs H had favourite, sole, beautifully cooked, not one bone, she was beaming
I had beef stew, better than my Mum used to make, soft tender meat in a wonderful flavoursome sauce
For desserts a chocolate mouse and a passion fruit parfait......not a squirt of aerosol cream in sight!!
The price, an amazing €15 each plus drinks.
They don't do a menu on an evening, it's a la carte, great menu, we'll be trying it in the next few weeks.
I checked the place out on Trip Advisor when we got home.......its number 1 out of 500+ restaurants in Torrevieja, I'm not surprised
Give it a go, you'll love it

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 16:25. »
Hi John
Recommendation looked good can you tell us a direct route
Mushte

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 16:38. »
Here's a link to their website, the Sunday menu looks good
http://www.sunsetbeach.es/en/
I park in the big open air car park on the port it's well signposted.
Set off walking with the sea to your right, the second bay you come to is Cura, it's at the far end of the bay.
At a guess 0.75 mile from the car park

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 21:48. »
Thanks John will definitely try this one
pleased to see the weather is picking up at
Last. Enjoy the rest of your holiday
Mushte

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 08:02. »
Cheers mushte, I'll do me best  ;)

Regards all

John

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 11:44. »
Another one to try.

John you really do need your own subheading box with all your reviews and recommendations of restaurants.  ;D

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 12:49. »
The Mrs and I went last night for the a la carte, wow, we were not disappointed, we had an amazing meal, and the view, I almost felt romantic
When we left a c10.15 the restaurant was full inside and the terrace was full of diners as well, says a lot about the place

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:50. by John Hannon »