Author Topic: Gas Central Heating ???  (Read 10890 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 14:42. »
We use oil rads in the winter as well and put our bigs rugs out.  If its really cold we put the aircon on warm air.   I dont think i'd bother installing rads but I bet they are lovely to have.  You defo need the rugs tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 14:50. »
We looked at radiators but in the end decided the cost was not worth it for only 3 months use and only for part of the day . We have large rugs down in winter and air con heating but last year i bought a calor gas heater it was about €50 and you can get the bottles at the Unide supermarket it is great really warms the place a bottle last best part of a month and costs less than €20 to change .

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 18:38. »
Never thought about rugs...What a good idea. Also, I do like those gas bottle fires.
Maybe heating isn't such a deal breaker after all!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2016, 18:45. »
 I'm on my 4th bottle of gas for this year at €14 each, which is pretty cheap and the odd gas filled radiator on in the bedroom, less than €80 for the season!.

Offline Davison

Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2016, 18:51. »
I have had Natural Gas Heating installed by Rauls company really neat job lads were very hardworking. The  problem I have, at present, is that it is running on propane bottles as either Gas company or  Town Hall are dragging their feet just running the Gas from a metre to my connection they keep saying 20 days been about 45 already. Remember Combi  boiler heats you plenty of water should you have visitors no running out of hot water so you don't need to use your boiler anymore. Good luck.

Offline jdr

Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2016, 19:12. »
We have gas in our house, out side on Don Pueblo, have gas boiler, (only water) gas fire, in lounge and gas hob, we used to run all on bottles but have mains gas for many years, very happy with it however, we do have three ceramic electric radiators in our large lounge, (60mm X 60 mm 10 mm) in depth give out plenty heat and cost same as a light bulb, available at Euronics GA and lee roys every where, however like others say only use November till February, mains gas has worked out economical and less hassle than other systems. but we don,t need fire as well as radiators, Our friends internal on our Urb can,t get other to instal on Urb but we recommend it
Jim and Susan

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2016, 19:17. »
The overriding thing coming out is that heating a property in GA isn't a huge problem.
Good!  ;D

Offline Stan

Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2016, 19:19. »
we do have three ceramic electric radiators in our large lounge, (60mm X 60 mm 10 mm) in depth give out plenty heat and cost same as a light bulb,
Jim and Susan
Albeit a very, very, very bright and wasteful light bulb!

Offline jdr

Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 19:25. »
Yes that is correct sleeping in cool room in summer is more of "a problem" but can be easily dealt with
Jim

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 20:11. »
I would be very surprised if you would get any heat out of a rad that only takes as much as a light bulb, I used to use a 2kw oil filled rad, it uses two units of elec per hour which costs about 40 cents an hour to run, much too expensive to run all the time .

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2016, 23:34. »
One thing that is a must is to buy a south facing property, even in the Winter we can sit out on the patio in shorts and tshirts whilst our northern facing neighbours have several layers on, the house is also so much warmer and brighter than theirs due to its aspect

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Barry former GA Advertiser

Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 23:39. »
Not everyone John wants a south facing house. They can be murder in the hot summer.

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 23:44. »
Not really, Barry.  Ours stays pleasantly cool indoors...and there´s always the back garden!

Bert

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2016, 23:47. »
Sun blinds and security doors do the trick Barry, there's always a breeze through the house
Buying south facing was the best thing we did
They sell a lot better as well, the aspect is high on the list of "must haves" for Northern Europeans according to all the real estate agents I know in GA

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 00:07. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Gas Central Heating ???
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2016, 01:38. »
oh noooooo not the north south divide again, then it will be my views better than your view aaaaaaaarrgghhh
They dont like it up em !