Author Topic: Brexit, that horrible word  (Read 30742 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Brexit, that horrible word
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2016, 10:47. »
I think if we leave it may well collapse behind us already there is talk of leaving referendums in Greec,Portugal ,and Itay and most surprisingly France and Germany . Angela Merkel is now on very thin ice with the German people over immigration the whole rotten apple looks ready to fall apart. Being first to leave could well in the end give us an advantage and put us ahead of the game

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2016, 12:42. »
Kevinb unfortunately I think all the men who died in the two world wars 'and some' are spinning in their graves already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 14:54. »
What a suprise the boss of JLR wants to stay in the EU, a purely selfish business decision based on his bottom line not being effected. I cant see sales of 80 thousand pound range rovers and jguars slumping too much.
They dont like it up em !

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2016, 16:20. »
Puddy woo, your post made me think, so here are my thoughts

I thought again of times gone past
When wars were fought and lives were lost
Tell me they werent fought in vain
To give us chance to start again

A warlike lot the human race
Can we not make a better place
Are we so divided and devisive
We cant be in a world united

Together we could work it out
Please stop and listen, talk it out
Together we could be so strong
Why cant we all just get along

Am i naive, i dare to dream
Are things not maybe what they seem
I hope intent from times gone past
To Unite us all, will maybe last

Together we're best, i believe
Stay stronger, talk, but do not leave

Hazel

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2016, 16:42. »
We should have the nerve to vote out, in the long run it will be for the better, we need to get out before the EU collapses, I really can't understand how some Brits want to be ruled by the EU or Germany as its really called.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2016, 17:58. »
What a suprise the boss of JLR wants to stay in the EU, a purely selfish business decision based on his bottom line not being effected. I cant see sales of 80 thousand pound range rovers and jguars slumping too much.

Hi Victor

Its a not a selfish business decision - and its not only the boss of JLR is it ?

A lot of our senior leaders think its a sensible one that protects lots (and lots) of jobs (over 50,000 at JLR if you include the UK supply base) and add Billions to the GDP of UK PLC - the  largest (by net value) manufacturing company in the UK.

Plus I like our cars !
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 19:47. by Rich and Sue »
BeachLife

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2016, 18:04. »
Hi kevinb
Its nothing to do with nerve just differences of opinions, i dont agree with yours either but you are entitled to it as are we all.  When the vote is cast i will accept the majority vote, obviously i hope it agrees with mine but i will get behind whichever it is, such is democracy.
Hazel

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2016, 18:10. »
Matching colours Rich, very nice.
F type on order for the Summer?
Thanks for the tip off earlier btw

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2016, 20:12. »
Rich i also love my latest RR Sport but sadly protecting 50,000 workers at the expense of 65 million subsidising the EU just doesnt cut it with me.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2016, 21:30. »
Agree its the 65 million we should protect, anyway the cars will sell regardless.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2016, 07:14. »
Interesting Hazel, you support democracy but want to vote to stay with an undemocratic powerbase.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2016, 09:13. »
The European Parliament, where we elect MEP's approves or rejects all EU legislation
The European Parliament operates somewhat differently than say the UK Parliament but IMHO it is wrong to say it undemocratic

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2016, 09:34. »
Again kevinb, differing opinions, yours is very narrow and restricted but as i said before you are entitled to it, i am definitely for democracy and europe, and while no-one agrees with everything any political party or government does i am overwhelmingly in favour of the way europe works, which is democratically reached via many differing opinions and votes, but will not get into any pointless or protracted argument about minutiae and dont see the need to keep saying the same thing again, look forward to the vote when we can all get on with things.
Hazel

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2016, 10:14. »
Are these same senior leaders who presided over the dissapearance of UK manufacteuring now including british steel or maybe the senior leaders whose banks collapsed forcing the average taxpayer to bail them out. Or maybe the senior leaders who were in lanzarote or australia when they should have been at Tata. But whilst people still sit in awe of these senior leaders were doomed.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2016, 13:35. »
Are these same senior leaders who presided over the dissapearance of UK manufacteuring now including british steel or maybe the senior leaders whose banks collapsed forcing the average taxpayer to bail them out. Or maybe the senior leaders who were in lanzarote or australia when they should have been at Tata. But whilst people still sit in awe of these senior leaders were doomed.

No its not the same Senior Leaders Victor - we have doubled our workforce in 4 years
BeachLife