Author Topic: Brexit, that horrible word  (Read 30746 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Brexit, that horrible word
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 20:36. »
I think the decision to stay in is simple,do we want an unelected body undemocratically ruling the UK or do we want to decide our own destiny, why did we fight two world wars to basically let Germany rule us via the EU. Also the EU has presided over economic stagnation in Europe via the Euro and allowed terrorism to flourish by dropping border controls. I personally find the EU a malign organization serving its own interests.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 20:38. »
Spot on Davy.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 21:30. »
The Euro is doomed to fail, free movement of people, a pillar of the EU, is in danger of pulling the EU apart, the bureaucrats have been shown to be powerless in responding to the refugee crisis, they are considering letting Turkey join the club, it'll all end in tears
The EU will only survive if all powers are handed to Brussels, perhaps that's the  hidden agenda
The current EU is definitely not the free trade area we agreed to join.
I'll be voting to get out before it implodes
I feel a Brexit may also cause other Europeans to rethink their membership

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline tony and lesley

• paradise is GA
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 21:56. »
Outs fine with me,

We used to trade fine with the rest of the world and Commonwealth countries

All we need to do is start producing widgets preferably high tech to sell instead of service industries ,Then go and tell the world we are open for business.

Chuck out all the human rights rubbish that came out of EU ,give offenders what they deserve.

The reciprical arrangement we have as regards health should be no problem as it can work both ways if we have the balls

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 00:28. »
I can't imagine why they think Turkey joining is a good idea. A case of the bureaucrats building their own personal empires IMHO.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 07:12. »
Turkey won't get in yet Cyprus is a member as has said it will veto Turkey joining

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 09:33. »
Article in the Mail this morning about fifty rapes and murders by foreign nationals let in to the UK by EU rules.

Offline JOHN

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2016, 15:50. »
The problem is that NO-ONE knows exactly what will happen if we leave.ALL the politicians will tell you what they THINK will happen but it is their opinion and there are no facts to back it up.If we vote to leave and it doesn't work out it will be very difficult to get back in on our terms
John

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 16:06. »
I don't think there will ever be a chance to go back no party will try to sell a return if we leave . This is a once in a lifetime decision and I doubt it will ever be repeated. We need facts !!! Not politicians thoughts on what will happen one way or another at the moment this is a stab in the dark and that's not what we need for the most important decision we will ever make this affects our children and grand children's futures more than ours so give the people the facts to make the right decision

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2016, 16:32. »
Whilst i own properties in spain, i will also vote to leave. I believe it will be a bumpy ride and some a minority will be worse off, but the vast majority of norma will l uk folk and future generations will one day be better off and Britain will once again be great.I also wish the EU all the best.
They dont like it up em !

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 19:00. »
If you have kids or grandchildren out is the only vote, I am optimistic that things will be OK, Boeing going to make UK the  centre of ops for Europe, Nissan expanding production, one of the big banks committed to stay in UK, makes me think that they think the UK will be a safe place, think the EU is doomed and good riddance, France is calling for a referendum, Spain would do better out of the EU.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 20:43. »
Well, the majority on this forum think out, so I guess I am in the minority in wanting to stay in.

Peoples circumstances often drive their views - where the only thing that matters is the "imigration problem and a desire to return to the halcyon days of the British Empire - "we were Ok in the olden days"

There is no CEO or COO of a Medium / Large Global Manufacturing company the UK that wants out (as far as I have read)  - and as I work for and want to contine to work for one of those companies I want us to stay in !

Carlos Ghosen from Nissan, Easyjet, Shell  and my own boss at JLR know it will hurt long term prospects

A report by the CBI said the savings from reduced EU budget contributions and regulation were greatly outweighed by the negative impact on trade and investment. The business lobby group said by 2020, the overall cost to the economy could be up to £100bn and 950,000 jobs

But we might have a few less immigrants . . . . . .so thats Ok then

BeachLife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 20:56. »
Staying in don't bear thinking about, the EU (Germany) will rule us completely eventually, I believe that as a citizen of the UK its my duty to vote out, I'm past caring about the economics of it , it goes further than that its being a Brit, all the men who died in two world wars would be spinning in their graves if they knew how low we have sunk.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 20:59. »
Hi Rich and Sue, Graham and i are fully with you on wanting to stay in, although we would like to retire there thats not the reason. We happen to think it would be financial disaster and would take many years to recover, if we did, lets face it if we have to make cuts now what on earth would the chaos we would be thrown into by having to renegotiate everything over a number of years result in.
As far as immigrants are concerned i think our local hospital would close wothout them, and if we had to renegotiate a trade agreement we would be involved in agreeing to freedom of movement anyway and so the best protection we have for that, i believe, is us not being part of the schengen agreement, which is the state of play now anyway, so whats the difference.
Hazel

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 08:07. »
Two of the big issues are our contribution and immigration. The former isn't really a massive amount in the great scheme of things and the latter isn't going to change whether we are in or out. All the time we have such an all-encompassing benefits system, and I am thinking of all of them from JSA to child benefit, working tax credits, housing, healthcare, that is available whether you have contributed or not, we will be a magnet. We are a 'land flowing with milk and honey'.

It therefore comes down to the jobs and trade issue. Greater brains than mine can give the definitive answer to that one.