Author Topic: Brexit, that horrible word  (Read 30752 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Brexit, that horrible word
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2016, 08:37. »
Got one already Tony.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2016, 08:53. »
There seems to be a theme amongst the IN crowd, most of the reasons come down to money and then its as long as its not in my back yard i dont care, then its im alright jack blow everybody else. Also there is the misconception that the out crowd are media driven daily mail and sun readers, the reality is many people live daily with the "benefits" of eu membership and arent that impressed.
They dont like it up em !

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2016, 09:39. »
Agree Victor, I won't sell my kids down the drain for the money aspect of it, line drawn as far as I'm concerned.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2016, 09:39. »
Without money, and I'm not talking personal money, I'm talking revenues to the exchequer how does our society function?
As Hazel rightly pointed out scores of overseas firms have invested heavily in the Uk in the knowledge of the trade agreements to export their goods that our EU membership gives them......will an out vote and years of uncertainty see such inward investment continuing?
Who knows, one thing for sure is it won't help secure investments in the mid term
I retired 10 years ago and have no desire to return to work, but I'd like to see my grandson and all his mates securing decent careers, I reckon they have a far greater chance of doing that if we stay in
As Dobie Gray used to sing "I'm in with the in crowd"

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2016, 09:56. »
Not totally decided yet but leaning towards staying in mainly because I can't see anyway to avoid having that idiot Boris as PM if we leave and because we have no real idea of facts of what it would be like out .

Interestingly only 2 world leaders have so far come out and said they want uk to leave .Putin and the president of Argentina

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2016, 21:17. »
..... because I can't see anyway to avoid having that idiot Boris as PM if we leave and because we have no real idea of facts of what it would be like out .

Image UK ran by Boris and the US ran by Trump . . . . .  couldnt be worse
BeachLife

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2016, 22:28. »
Agree with you there imagine them together one with the biggest ego in the world running the US and ours even worse needing someone to tie his shoelaces before a meeting God what will the world be then I think if they get in its time to emigrate to the moon !!!!