Author Topic: Eroski In Santa Pola  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Eroski In Santa Pola
« on: March 01, 2016, 20:12. »
Seems the Eroski in Santa Pola will become a Carrefour under a new deal for 36 of Eroski stores throughout Spain   :)

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Eroski In Santa Pola
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 01:16. »
Let's hope it entices a few more customers in there

I remember when it was Amica and then Caprabo and the only Supermarket about it was extremely busy.

Last time I popped in it was like a ghost town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Eroski In Santa Pola
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 08:25. »
We generally do our big shop there and I've often wondered how it survives. Complete contrast to Tesco, Sainsburys and Morrisons here in the UK. My local ones are always busy whatever time or day of the week. Are Spaniards anorexic or do they always eat out?

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
Eroski In Santa Pola
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 08:58. »
Have you been to Mercadona in GA?  Always queues at the checkouts.

Bert

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Eroski In Santa Pola
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 09:55. »
Totally agree tony eroski nice shop lots of choice and seemed quite competitive on price but was always quiet
They dont like it up em !

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Eroski In Santa Pola
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 19:27. »
We generally do our big shop there and I've often wondered how it survives. Complete contrast to Tesco, Sainsburys and Morrisons here in the UK. My local ones are always busy whatever time or day of the week. Are Spaniards anorexic or do they always eat out?

Agreed Tony, UK supermarkets are always busy  :(  I remember saying when Sunday opening started "Oh that'll be a flash in the pan, there are 6 other days to shop", but was proved SO wrong! England is supermarket crazy.

Think Spanish shopping is much different to UK though, talking to our Spanish neighbours they definitely buy bread at the panaderia, vegetables from either the fruit and veg shop or the market, meat from the butchers etc - ie much like the UK 40 years ago - using local shops rather than the large supermarkets for all but essential items not available elsewhere  ;D

Offline angieanded

Eroski In Santa Pola
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 08:20. »
We remember caprabos they sent me a bottle of sparkling wine on my birthday for going there
If you joind