Author Topic: Car hire  (Read 911 times)

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Car hire
« on: September 15, 2021, 16:11. »
Anyone got any cheap car hires in GA / Airport ? Not sure what going on at terminal at present but the prices for a week in Oct are through the roof and in some case 6 times what they were 2 years ago . Kids are not on holiday when I’m looking at but there don’t seem to be any deals about . any ides ?

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Car hire
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 19:53. »
From what I understand it’s a capacity issue, all the airport renters massively reduced there stock and didn’t buy a big new fleet for 2021. So less cars to go round has clearly driven prices higher.

Offline martin

Car hire
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 01:08. »
I was in GA recently and had been looking at hiring a car. I was looking at Goldcar. The first time I checked the price for 15 days for the full- full option - €360. I watched this over a couple of weeks and I discovered two things. First the close I got to my departure date the lower the price was but more interestingly the price seemed to drop as the day went on. This varied from €260 in the morning to €160 in the evening. I eventually booked at €111 for the 15 days full-full. Paid €117 at the airport for a fill and environmental tax. Replaced fuel used €40 and refund of €70 made. Gross cost €228 + fule = €268 less refund €70. Net cost €198 - not bad. Had my own excess insurance but didn't need it. Also if you become a club member book the car you get a 20% discount code for next booking. Not bad.

Offline cathk7@hotmail.com

Car hire
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 12:00. »
Has the train stopped running on sundays