Author Topic: Trip to Benidorm  (Read 474 times)

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Trip to Benidorm
« on: October 26, 2023, 17:07. »
Hi looking to have a day trip to Benidorm from GA,  can anybody recommend the best way and costs / time scale.
Thanks

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Trip to Benidorm
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 17:41. »
https://www.coachtripsonline.com/day-trips

Only one I know for sure that does trips to Benidorm.  I’m sure though I have read somewhere that quicksave does trips but don’t take my word on that.
When ever we go there we drive and stay over.

Offline SueB

Trip to Benidorm
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 13:07. »
We have used Coachtripsonline and they are very good. 12 Euros per person. Pick up is by the bus stop outside Lidl at the Commercial Centre. The time is dependant on how many stops they have to make prior to getting to Gran Alacant. We were picked up at 8.30am. Return journey left at 5.30pm. The only problem we have is getting down to the Commercial Centre at that time in the morning as we are up at the top of the estate, but if it was not for that we would always use Coachtripsonline also known as David's Coaches.

We have, on lots of occasions, caught the bus from the estate to Alicante bus station and caught the Alsa bus from there. It is difficult to get the timings just right. It costs 5.10 Euros each way. The problem is the bus station is on the edge of the town and it is quite a long walk down to the beach area. Okay going down, but not so good going back up the slight hill. I believe bus number 1 from the town will take you up to the station but have never tried it. There is one bus in the afternoon and I think at least one bus in the evening which you can catch in the town at Ave Europa, but you must make sure you are on the correct side of the road.

3rd option is using the tram. We tried the tram system for the first time and it was okay once we were shown how to use the ticket machines. There is a ticket office in Alicante station but not sure about Benidorm station for the return journey. I am sure there would be a ticket machine there, if not you use the one on the tram itself. Do not know how much it is is, but it is cheap transport and the trains seem to run every 30 mins, although strangely it takes longer to get there by tram than by bus. The downside again is that the tram station in Benidorm is near to the bus station so a good walk when you get off and on.

When we were over in September we were going to go in by tram and try to pick up the bus from Ave Europa but unfortunately something happened and we could not go to Benidorm in the end.

The best way to go is when Kwiksave organise coaches to Benidorm as they pick up at the top of the estate and at the Commercial Centre but they only arrange this during July and August.

Hope this has helped. At the end of the day I would use Coachtripsonline if possible unless you intend to stay in Benidorm into the evening.

Sue

« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 13:10. by SueB »

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Trip to Benidorm
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 16:15. »
Thanks for all your replies
we have book for next Sunday with David’s online but have had no confirmation, trie all day today calling them but no one has answered.
Hopefully all ok