Author Topic: Dunbars  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« on: July 24, 2023, 15:15. »
Just been told that Dunbars has been sold and will close on Friday and will be closed until the new owners decide what they see doing with it.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 21:05. »
Superb...I'm making popcorn! Congrats to the vendors, who as far as I know were trying to sell it since 2005 haha

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 15:15. »
I knew it had been up for sale for a very long time. Wasn’t in excess of a million euros at one point?

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 18:35. »
Think you are right Sookie, that was for the Freehold of the building as I understood at the time. Including some office space towards A Tu Gousto and the BBVA bank

I knew it had been up for sale for a very long time. Wasn’t in excess of a million euros at one point?
BeachLife

Offline Casablanca111

Dunbars
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 13:53. »
Shame had some good nights in there.
Hope it reopens as a Restaurant/Bar.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 13:36. »
Was told that the owner of Apitico has purchased Dunbars.
Have often gone to Apitico so will be looking forward to see what the owner does with Dunbars

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2023, 20:00. »
Has Dunbars reopened yet ?

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2023, 23:03. »
Have drive past a few times and it’s still all closed up.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2023, 10:36. »
I realised yesterday that I have too much money. It's irritating having it all lying about, so next year... once Summer is finished and the tourists have gone home, I think I'll buy Dunbars, and just sit in there for a few months, with all the shutters down. That should take care of all that irritating spare cash!

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2023, 23:09. »
I was thinking that as well GA veteran you would think they would have turned it around in a fortnight and got some cash rolling in even if it was not exactly as they wanted long term can’t get my head around some so called business men why spend all that money and miss the end if summer

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2023, 23:17. »
Perhaps they have the same "business advisers" as the ever-busy mattress and sofa shop in the GA Centre. I've walked past that place four or more times a day for ten+ years....and despite its constant "last minute sales" it never seems to have a punter. That said, I must be mistaken, because it pays its's rent (GA Center!), rates, and staff (I presume). A true mystery until you watch the TV series "Breaking Bad" haha.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 23:07. »
There are numerous businesses in the GA centre that have frequent refits, shiny staff with shiny stock yet don’t have customers, you walk past them daily and just be used as to is it a real business or something like Walt’s car wash. As for Dunbars that place has been bonkers for years.

Offline SueB

Dunbars
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2024, 19:34. »
Has the new owners of Dunbars opened up yet and if so what kind of restaurant/bar is it please?

Thanks.

Sue

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Dunbars
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2024, 21:12. »
I dont think its due to open until March Sue
BeachLife

Offline SueB

Dunbars
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2024, 12:21. »
Thank you Beachlife. When we did a very brief visit to GA just before Christmas they were working on the restaurant so thought it may be open by now, although I suppose this time of year it is pretty quiet.

Thank you once again.

Sue