Author Topic: Jolly Rogers Diner  (Read 758 times)

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Jolly Rogers Diner
« on: July 15, 2023, 14:32. »
Seems the owners of the diner have closed up and put the business up for sale. Can’t say I ever went in there.

Also shooters now takes payment by card. Must admit I prefer going to places that take card payments.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 14:34. by Sookie »

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Jolly Rogers Diner
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 16:21. »
Didn't last long
BeachLife

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Jolly Rogers Diner
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 19:04. »
Another one bites the dust. I'm considering another competition - "Fastest closure ever", but I am almost certain there have been refits that never even opened!? Shouldn't laugh. Poor fools.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Jolly Rogers Diner
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 23:09. »
Yes GaVet - there has been a few of those in the Sierra Mar Square that challenge the record. The last one, a tapas bar planned to be opened by the La Piedra owners this summer was started but canned before opening. That spot (in Sierra Mar) is cursed, the bar before that ("Cheekies") lasted half a season last year. For those with long memories this is where the "internet Cafe" was for years   

Another one bites the dust. I'm considering another competition - "Fastest closure ever", but I am almost certain there have been refits that never even opened!? Shouldn't laugh. Poor fools.
BeachLife

Offline Occasional tourist

Jolly Rogers Diner
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2023, 15:23. »
Business is still tough in GA then! Be back soon, but am hearing than summer is very slow to start!

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Jolly Rogers Diner
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2023, 23:19. »
Gosh - the internet cafe on the opposite corner to Dick Turpins, that brings back memories.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Jolly Rogers Diner
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2023, 15:18. »
Was in the square the other day seems one of the units is being renovated as a few builders were in there.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Jolly Rogers Diner
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2023, 16:01. »
They are never closed for long hey?! It's like there are people queing up to buy them! Well, and I mean this honestly, good luck to the next lot! I'd love more choices of quality places to go, and less sad tales of bankruptcy... so I am crossing my fingers.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Jolly Rogers Diner
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2023, 13:39. »
Seems the owners of the Jolly Rogers diner have purchased Aquarius 🤷🏼‍♀️ At a loss as to why they believe that can make a success of that when they couldn’t their own diner. Time will tell.