Author Topic: Chippy 2 "Masa Square"  (Read 1439 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Chippy 2 "Masa Square"
« on: October 07, 2022, 13:42. »
I understand the Chippy 2 fish and chip shop is closing tonight. A shame used the location for many years - particularly out of season.

Whats next there ?
BeachLife

Offline Occasional tourist

Chippy 2 "Masa Square"
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 17:13. »
Having visited in and out of season, it must be really tough for bars & restaurants to continue trading for at least 5 months of the 'quiet' time. Now that the costs of everything are on the increase, particularly heavily used utilities, it will be tougher. Closures sadly inevitable along with price increases I suspect. Hoping businesses can hang on in there!

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Chippy 2 "Masa Square"
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 22:48. »
Opening at lunch time would have helped. Given I am now "native" I went over there three times over the years for lunch, each time forgetting that they opened at "chippy tea time". I honestly never did figure out the hours. Three times I left there an drove up the hill to the excellent Cielo Largo chinese, that were open, and fed me.

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Chippy 2 "Masa Square"
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2022, 18:34. »
Being involved with any hospitality in GA has in my limited experience been a roller coaster over the last 20 years, it’s an extremely tough way to earn a living, that said most of us veterans can remember the myriad of new establishments that you would say to your partner “ I’ll give them 12 months” and lo and behold they shut as fast as they opened, remember that little quiz where we guessed the numerous names that had come and gone. We were regular customers of Darbys especially in the winter months, they were character’s but full of charm and more importantly turned out quality food, when after many years of being for sale it changed hands, as always with any new business we try it out, first impressions not positive but early days, after several further attempts it sadly fell into the rather cook at home category, that’s why whether in GA or elsewhere your only as good as your last meal and the best survive.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Chippy 2 "Masa Square"
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 17:36. »
Has anybody taken over the chippy 2

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Chippy 2 "Masa Square"
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2023, 10:46. »
Yes it opened last month as an Asador  8)

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Chippy 2 "Masa Square"
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2023, 11:08. »
Are we opening a sweepstakes? Or is that mean?

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Chippy 2 "Masa Square"
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2023, 15:34. »
Does mean a steak house ?..

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Chippy 2 "Masa Square"
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2023, 20:09. »
No, you can think of it more like an indoor barbeque. Argentinian cooking style of meats and sausages on wood fire. Incredible, when done properly.

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
Chippy 2 "Masa Square"
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2023, 20:27. »
Will definitely give it a go in may
Thanks