Author Topic: New restaurants  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
New restaurants
« on: July 20, 2022, 08:45. »
Went to masa square yesterday and noticed two new restaurants.
James bar and grill next to the pub
Brisa del mar where Rogers use to be.

No idea if they are open as of yet.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
New restaurants
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 09:50. »
Best of luck to them. People's disposable income is certainly on the rise, so now seems like a great time to get into the eating out game. I wonder if the new owners of restaurants around here ever think about how many restaurants have been in the same building before them? Here's a concept! I might open "Ghosts", or "Reflections", and server various dishes from the previous places! The menu would have things like "Tacos from the 2015 Mexican" and "Koftis from the the 2017 Greek".....

Offline lesandtony

New restaurants
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 12:38. »
Brisa del mar ex Rogers has been open for nearly 2 weeks ,Polish owned and James,s ,next to Pub is opening today Wednesday .   Good Luck to both of them

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
New restaurants
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 21:04. »
Any reviews on the new restaurants ????

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
New restaurants
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 09:44. »
Haven’t been into the 2 new establishments in the square but things in my opinion look a bit bleak overall, Tuesday evening Patagonia shut, chippy shut, Belfry shut, Skippers shut early, a couple of tables occupied at the Pub. At the GA centre seen Glaros shut, Maritais shut last 3 nights, American bar was shut, now the good news, London Tavern booming, Turkish kebab busy as are the grill/ pizza places, las franscina, Infernium. Arenales during the day no better with loads closed including the whole square where Sabas is opposite the old hotel, which is still a year on being demolished by 3 men a 1 shovel so could be 2050 at this rate.

Offline Pewster

New restaurants
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 15:55. »
We were at the square last night.
James’s opened for the first night and everybody seemed to compliment the standard of the food. There were one or two teething problems that you’d expect on a first night, but overall it was a lovely experience and a refreshing change.
There was entertainment in the middle of the square put on by the pub, and their tables were busy.
The new Brisa del Mar restaurant on the old Roger’s site seemed to be getting a steady footfall of people.
As were Patagonia, Azafran, The Chippy, Chill Out, Skippers and The Belfry that were all open.
Mondays and Tuesdays are generally quiet there hence some of them are shut those nights, but the rest of the week everywhere is generally open.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
New restaurants
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2022, 09:56. »
My daughter and her partner went to the square last night. They did want to go to James but cash only so they went to Chillout Grill. So just a heads up if anyone wants to try James, make sure you have cash.

Offline davegreen

New restaurants
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2022, 15:59. »
Brisa  del mar very nice if you like fish but that’s cash as well !

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
New restaurants
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2022, 18:50. »
What restaurant these days operates cash only? Surely they have scores of people everyday that cannot pay? Especially after the lockdowns, cash is virtually a thing of the past?!

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
New restaurants
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 10:25. »
There is only one reason an establishment insists on cash payment and that is to hide takings from the authorities. Over the years we’ve had the machines broke, changed banks waiting for new machine, last week no internet signal the list goes on. I won’t name the establishments as you then get the threats come through, me I like to support a legit business who contributes to the local economy which we all then benefit from.

Offline Paublo

New restaurants
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2022, 14:23. »
Might not be the only reason. I was in a restaurant last night in GA and card machine was more trouble than it was worth due to bad 3g Internet connection. Vendor practically had to wave machine in the air for coverage which was unsuccessful

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
New restaurants
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2022, 17:19. »
Not sure I would trust a restaurant that cannot afford or cannot setup wifi to cook my lunch to be honest ;)

Offline JB

New restaurants
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2024, 16:44. »
any good new restaurants that have opened in last 12 months people can recommend please ?