Author Topic: Rogers  (Read 4675 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« on: March 26, 2021, 19:00. »
Really sad news - Rogers bar has had to permanently close (just been sent a text showing his facebook page)

That guy has worked so very hard to be a success in GA and Mrs BL and I are gutted for him.

What will be left when we get back?

Quote from his FB site:

"Good evening all, With no government, help a worldwide pandemic and with an unsympathetic landlord that has increased the rent massively, it is with great sadness I just cannot carry on. I’d like to thank all of my staff for all your hard work, friends and loyal customers I thank you for all of your support this proves I’m nothing without it, Tomorrow is my last day in “Rogers” I look forward to seeing you, This is the end of Rogers but not the end of Roger, See you soon  😷🇪🇸x"
BeachLife

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 19:11. »
Yes we saw this earlier and on a personal level are quite gutted for Roger and the team. As stated with no government support and a landlord who wants there rent it’s a sad day. Whilst us in the UK are optimistic for the year ahead the news in Spain is pretty negative with little optimism for the immediate future. That said if Roger decided to call it a day then establishments who seemed to struggle previously must also be feeling the pain it could be a bumpy road ahead for many.

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 22:53. »
At such a hard time for businesses why would a landlord massively increase a rent that leads to a tenant vacating leading to no rent at all.
Is there a logic to this or some other economic reason that I'm unaware of.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Rogers
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 00:04. »
At such a hard time for businesses why would a landlord massively increase a rent that leads to a tenant vacating leading to no rent at all.

The only logical reason I can think of is that the landlord has other plans for it and essentially wanted to price his existing tenant out of the way.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 08:59. »

The only logical reason I can think of is that the landlord has other plans for it and essentially wanted to price his existing tenant out of the way.
Whilst I have experience of domestic letting  I just don’t understand commercial property, it’s widely reported by tenants at the GA centre that the landlord is quite ruthless in his approach with no leniency, and would rather have long term empty units than compromise on price. This seems common practice even in high street UK where shops that have been vacant for a decade still command a high rent, my only thought is to offset the loss for tax reasons.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 13:15. »
I've taken the opposite view - I've told my tenants that if they pay the rent every month, look after the property, pay all the charges etc. I won't put the rent up. I lose out a little each year but it works both ways, my good tenants stay put because if they do leave they'll probably end up paying a lot more somewhere else.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 13:04. »
If anyone is interested there has been a crowdfunding page set up to support Roger and help develop his business

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/saverogersbarx
BeachLife

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 22:04. »
Priceless

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 12:03. »
More good news, Roger is imminently going to make a big announcement on his latest venture. How exciting.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 20:27. »
Blow me down! Who saw this coming!?

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
Rogers
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 18:13. »
 Blow me down! Who saw this coming!?                                                                                                            What was that please ?
  mushte                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 20:56. »
Go on then ... where is it  ?
BeachLife

Offline Pete R

Rogers
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2021, 21:04. »
Hope it’s going to be in the new hotel ground floor 🤞

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2021, 23:15. »
Good grief! The GoFundMe page really came through!

Offline wilson

• Galactic Member
Rogers
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 08:23. »
My money is on a return to the first enterprise. Wherever team Roger relaunch I’m sure it will be a success, it will be interesting to see who remains in the coming months as every legitimate business is finding it financially tough.