Author Topic: Roller. Shutters  (Read 2247 times)

Offline petercs

Roller. Shutters
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:31. »
I raised this question on the old forum but did not note the details of the reply before it vanished,

The problem. Just as we were shutting up for the winter two cords on the roller shutter both ceased to work, with the shutter closed. Not wanting to live in the dark when we arrive next week I need info on anybody who may be able to repair them. With the amount of plastic shutters around GA this must be a fault that happens from time to time.

Any help on how to repair, or, contact details of anybody how does the repair (if possible email or land line so I can contact from UK) would be appreciated please

Peter

Offline lenny

Roller. Shutters
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 09:10. »
Below is probably the reply you are looking for. I took a note of it as I have an electric roller blind which is having difficulty to roll up. I haven't contacted anyone yet as I have not been back since. Hope this helps you.

Try Clive on 617 872 405  Electrician
Or for all the jobs you can try Clive Pinnock on 617 872 405   Or for all the jobs you can try Clive Pinnock on 617 872 405

Offline petercs

Roller. Shutters
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 14:07. »
Lenny

Thank you for the contacts

I would also be interested to know if anybody else has had the same problem?

Regards
Peter

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Roller. Shutters
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 14:39. »
Peter

It is a fairly common problem in Spain!  We would also recommend Clive, he does lots of small jobs like this for us!

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Roller. Shutters
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 22:35. »
Peter if your shutters have collapsed on 1 or both sides its either the tape that you pull that has snapped or the internal hanger strips most of ours have broke over the years, the original hangers are plastic and eventually snap we buy metal hangers which you fit yourself in minutes real easy job,we buy them from a window/blind business in Altet it was on the left on the road heading towards the airport,  the hangers were a pricey 1 euro each.
They dont like it up em !

Offline petercs

Roller. Shutters
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 16:28. »
Thank you all for your advice
The plastic shutters are made up of individual slats. The top one is attached to the roller by two fittings. On two shutters the top plastic slat had sheared from the fittings. It was just a case of sliding out the broken slat and attaching the fittings to the next slat.
We don't talk about me breaking the roller tape but a kind neighbour fixed that one for me, I now have shutters that work. I understand you can get replacement slats from The large DIY stores

Peter

Offline lenny

Roller. Shutters
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 12:50. »
Would anyone have a contact for the repair of ELECTRIC shutter blinds?  I have contacted Clive but although helpful, he cannot do this work.

Offline paulhatherell

Roller. Shutters
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 14:39. »
Our cord broke on our balcony blind.  Not sure where you are, but we used Eddie (sorry, don't know surname) but his wife works at Dick Turpins.  Very quick and very reasonable.  We are out this Saturday and his card is on our fridge so I can let you have more details then if you need it.