Author Topic: Banking Issues  (Read 9511 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Banking Issues
« on: May 04, 2015, 10:58. »
Has anyone recently had correspondence regarding confirming their identity with the banks ?

I am with BBVA and have in the past had to register passport details for both myself and Sue - but is something else happening ?

I am led to believe that accounts are being "frozen" if details are not provided ...
BeachLife

Offline burchd

Banking Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 11:23. »
Yes,BBVA required Passport and NIE on our last visit.
Please look at this thread.

http://www.gasbags.us/index.php?topic=336.0

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Banking Issues
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 11:29. »
I was talking to my friend who has an apartment and banks with bbva and her mother in law who lives in the apartment went into the bbva the other day and was told that if scans of owners passports and nie numbers were not supplied to the bank in four days that the account would indeed be frozen.  This was just last week and my friend asked her solicitor who has copies of everything to give the Mum in law copies to take to the bank as they couldn't even contact bbva, the solicitor tried.  So copies were physically taken in and copied by the bank, which seemed to suffice. By the way the bank had already had these details when the account was opened and is seemed to be a new update needed, apparently something to do with a law that was passed four or five years ago requiring updated scans which some banks are only now implementing at the very last minute of the required time for is to be done.

Offline Denise

Banking Issues
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 12:45. »
Thanks for this information...I am arriving next week...so will make this a priority

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Banking Issues
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 17:54. »
Yes, we had to do this for Deutsche Bank who to be fair contacted me initially by email last December asking for a form to be completed (basic ID stuff) and scanned to them with a copy of the passport. Needless to say, I overlooked doing this and received a reminder in early March indicating that they needed the docs soon otherwise they would have to freeze the account. Info was supplied and all is well.

This is indeed a legal requirement to do with money laundering and will be repeated on a rolling basis, I think every 5 years or so, to keep files up to date.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Philndeb

Banking Issues
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 20:23. »
Yep, same with BMN up the hill, I got an email about 2 weeks ago and took my passport in they copied it, job done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Banking Issues
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 07:53. »
I filled in a form that they sent me and E Mailed a copy of this with my passport to the bank. They came back asking for a "Declaración de Actividad Económica" which has rather floored me. I have no economic activity as such, being retired. I plan to visit next week armed with UK bank statements, P60, pension slips, NIE etc in the hope that I can sort this out.

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
Banking Issues
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 10:40. »
So which banks are being the helpful ones and which if any are unhelpful, we are just setting up an account at the moment and so far Sabadell have been very helpful, but my friends experience with the bbva was not good and the person dealing with her ma in law was, apparently, very rude, it is a customer based industry and we are all paying them for their services after all.

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
Banking Issues
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 11:21. »
I have been with Bankinter for 11 years and they have always been helpful .
Regards
Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Banking Issues
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 13:41. »
We have been with Deutsche Bank from the start and have always found the GA branch staff to be very helpful, Jorge Ortega is your point of contact there.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
Banking Issues
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 13:55. »
We use Bank Inter and Deutsche Bank and have found them both incredibly friendly and helpful.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Banking Issues
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 20:07. »
Spoke to Bankinter today they need a form signed by my wife and emailed back stating she does not work and a payslip or P60 from me, awkward as i am self employed.

Offline Arab

Banking Issues
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 22:01. »
We use Sabbadell and they are very friendly and helpful and no problems

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Banking Issues
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 23:36. »
Spoke to Bankinter today they need a form signed by my wife and emailed back stating she does not work and a payslip or P60 from me, awkward as i am self employed.

They all seem to be doing it differently, I am self employed too and all Deutsche Bank have asked me to do is sign a declaration to that effect, to date no supporting evidence has been requested, although I suppose it could yet be.

If you need something, ask HMRC for an SA302 for 2013/14, it should do the job.

Michael.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline dillesti

Banking Issues
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 16:00. »
So, I need to take a copy of my passport and gave to the bank?
Why they don't tell me to make some complicated calculations like convert kilojoules to kilocalories like ninjaunits.com does. They are too absurd.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 13:57. by dillesti »