Author Topic: Altomar 2 AGM - Pool Area A  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Chris C

Altomar 2 AGM - Pool Area A
« on: July 14, 2017, 19:54. »
Just had notice of AGM. Article 10 "Expounding of the proyect for the creation of leisure and sports court in pool area A" does anyone know which is pool area A and exactly what has been put forward? If it means messing around with the beautifully kept lawns around the pool behind Dunbars/ La Piedra then no thanks!! Anybody know anything about it?

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 13:01. »
I don't know for sure but the lower pool at Dunbars is also the biggest in land area so it would seem likely to be the one described as A - as to what is being proposed, this is the first I have heard of it so am as much a mushroom as you right now.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Chris C

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 13:50. »
Why the hell would anyone contemplate spoiling that lovely grass area that is fantastic for sitting out enjoying the rays? I am going to call gestfinic next week to find out what is proposed and need to assign my vote to someone who will be at the meeting and can vote against it

Offline denandrose

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 16:52. »
Yes, what a really bad idea for those living near the pool, imagine the noise. If people want sports activities there are other established places, like the big Sport Hall near the market. There are also several parks for children, our grandchildren like the one on the roundabout near the Post Office.
Is anyone attending the meeting who could take our proxy vote against this ?

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 18:37. »
I've been told two different things, one that the proposal is for five aside football and the other that the proposal is for tennis and basketball court. All of which are available up at the polideportivo just up the road and all of which would be noisy and remove a lot of space from the pool area and yes its the pool near dubars with the lovely view which will not be a peaceful place for swimming and relaxation if this gets through!

Offline Chris C

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 20:11. »
What a joke! Does anybody have the presidents contact details as gestifnic were not very helpful in supplying me with this.

Likeways anybody who can make the AGM who can take my proxy vote and vote against this

Offline SueB

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 21:11. »
We received an email from Gestifnic asking if we wanted to give Kenneth Officer, vice-president of the Board of Directors, our proxy vote, as we had on the previous two years, but this time we added that on agenda point 10 we wanted him to vote against this on our behalf.

Offline NickiH

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 16:15. »
Where will they put this sports centre. I can't see any room anywhere near the pool ?

Offline SueB

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 16:53. »
I have just received an acknowledgement email from the Administrators to say that they have forwarded my email onto Kenneth Officer asking him to 'keep in mind my request' regarding agenda point 10.

Offline mushte

• Supreme Member
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 21:05. »
We e-mailed the administrator regarding our objection to article 10
they e-mailed us a proxy form which we have signed and sent back
for them to present at the AGM on our behalf
Thank you for this information as did not  realise we could do this
Mushte   

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 15:11. »
For anyone interested, I just left the meeting and the proposal to change part of the big pool area behind Dunbars to a sports area including basketball and mini football has been rejected.

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 15:40. »
Good news, thanks for the update!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 17:55. »
Yea, they're going to put up a mobile phone mast instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 18:33. »
We've already got one of them here .

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2017, 19:17. »
If it was my urb i would be keen to find out who proposed this latest idea, also bear in mind that they may come back for another go but with more support.
They dont like it up em !