Author Topic: A place in the sun  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
A place in the sun
« on: February 07, 2015, 00:52. »
Just a random thought while watching this weeks a place in the sun.....
When they are looking at these places (complexes) , there is never any people about ie in the shared pools, walking about ect.
Have a look next time, or think back! Do you think they must clear the area before filming? or film really early in the morning?
if they do clear the area, don't you think you will of pissed the neighbours off before you have even moved in?
As i said just a really random thought on my part :)
Phillip

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
A place in the sun
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 09:57. »
I reckon it's a pretty true reflection phillip, we havnt visited GA in July or August for several years, in August it's virtually impossible to swim more than five strokes without bumping into someone the pool it's that busy.........however come mid September it's like a different place. I normally have a swim before breakfast and one mid afternoon, on the morning I always have the pool to myself and nine times out of ten I have it to myself in the afternoon.
Out of high season you rarely see more than one or two groups of people sun bathing at the pool area, despite it being a lovely green area with lush grass and well maintained flower beds.
We altered the rules on our community quite a few years ago to allow people to take chairs and loungers to the pool area, as we thought this might be putting people off relaxing there.........didn't make an iota of difference!!

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
A place in the sun
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 20:09. »
If you watch at the end of these programmes, they give the exchange rate used when discussing prices in the programme. This will say something like "exchange rate correct at ...", usually it will be early in the year like February or late on like September or October, backing up John's thoughts. Makes sense to me, programme makers need time to set things up and lots of people roaming about doesn't help. The shots of packed beaches etc are probably just library images bought in.

Michael.
Mike and Jane Hopper