Author Topic: doyouspain  (Read 2245 times)

Offline diggybabe

doyouspain
« on: September 17, 2016, 10:35. »
Has anyone used the website doyouspain for car hire. It seems amazingly inexpensive. I thought the amount it came up with was per day when in fact it was for the period of hire. Also if familiar with the site do you know how to exclude car hire companies.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
doyouspain
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 12:16. »
I know lots of people who use them, they say they are very good.
Don't take out their insurance, the car hire companies don't accept it, they will ask you to pay their insurance or they will take a charge on your credit card of c.€900
There is a tick box on their web site to "tick" your requirements, terminal pick up, choice of companies etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
doyouspain
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 10:51. »
Ive used them a few times with no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
doyouspain
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 13:17. »
Has anyone used the website doyouspain for car hire. It seems amazingly inexpensive. I thought the amount it came up with was per day when in fact it was for the period of hire. Also if familiar with the site do you know how to exclude car hire companies.

Just deselect the ones you don't want from the drop down box when inputting the date.
I always deselected Goldcar because of the massive queue at their office.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
doyouspain
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 17:25. »
Do you spain are just a typical search engine comparison site, ive used them many times mostly with no issues. My only gripe was after a fragudelent damage claim by drivalia, as an aside i contacted dys customer serices who were no better than  a chocolate teapot, so dont expect any aftersales backup. I also think that you get what you pay for and have on occasion after only paying peanuts got a poor car as in well used tatty high mileage shed. The staff at the respective rental counter must look at your invoice and think how little have you paid.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Chris C

doyouspain
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 19:12. »
I just searched it for when I'm out for 9 days in oct and it came up with Goldcar as cheapest (full to full fuel policy which I always choose) I earn points with Goldcar as I've used them for last 5 times with no issue so got 10% off, a fiesta for 9 days for just over 40 quid

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
doyouspain
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 07:31. »
Realistic pricing would do more favours to both them and us in the long term.

Offline Paublo

doyouspain
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 14:45. »
Have used doyouspain for the past 5 years but actually find Ryanair cheaper with car and insurance

Offline MICKKAT

doyouspain
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 20:04. »
Have used doyouspain often. Always go for full/full fuel and check t&c to find full tank but without paying for full tank, ie just return with full tank. Yes cars are sometimes older. Take photos on arrival or following day in daylight of all dents etc. Don't purchase insurance just buy annual policy from UK. Yes they do block credit card but don't actually take it from your card.