Author Topic: Con man alert  (Read 8280 times)

Offline Philndeb

Con man alert
« on: October 22, 2016, 11:57. »
Hi all, several people in the area have been conned out of money by a Dutch chap with a sob story about being burgled. Well this morning a neighbour of mine was approached by a tall chap who came in her open front door, he said he had seen the people who had stolen her husbands pipe  a couple of days ago, which was true as his pipe had gone missing earlier that week. Anyway he said he had retrieved the pipe from them, he then said he had been burgled and had slept in his car which was probably his preamble before asking for cash, luckily I got involved and to cut a long story I took several photos of him as he quickly exited on foot. I have confirmed that he has done this before by sending his picture to one of his victims. I enclose the pictures below but would like to find some more victims before taking the evidence to the Police, if anyone knows of or is a victim to this man they can contact me to build a better case.
He is about 6'3 tall and very skinny.
 Be alert.

Offline jenkin

Con man alert
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 16:32. »
Thanks for the info and for having the foresight to take photos of this chap. More photos of these con men will, hopefully, lead to convictions and less people being scammed.  Jen

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Con man alert
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 16:54. »
Having spoken to neighbours it seems this chap has been at it for 3-4 years in the area as they got stung by him then, they are German and say he is also a German. We need more people to come forward and make a stronger case against him, I know it's embarrassing to have be taken in by the guy but he is very clever and makes out that he lives on your community, and let's be frank here a conman is very believable that's why he's a conman.

Offline Lesue

Con man alert
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 18:11. »
This is the exact same ******* who tried the "petrol scam" on me recently, see topic http://www.gasbags.us/index.php?topic=786.0

I failed to get a photo on that occasion so well done, we can all now see what he looks like. He is personally responsible for a number of different types of scamming going on around GA and has been getting away with it for far too long. Please be vigilant and let's try to nail this scumbag.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Con man alert
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 18:36. »
This chap seems to be a one man crime wave, I'm prepared to take the evidence to the Police but we need more victims to come forward, so I'm asking everyone to get any victims of this guy to make contact with me so that we can build a reasonable case against him. I've already spoken to someone who had this chap knocking on his door at 3am trying to get money out of him. PM me with any details if you don't want it out on a public forum.

Offline smurf

Con man alert
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 21:52. »
I to have details of a holidaymaker who was conned out of 40 euros in Puerto marina last week with the locksmith scam. The description he gave me is very similar to the above.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Con man alert
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 11:27. »
I've PMd you

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Con man alert
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 16:46. »
Hope I bump into him next week.
I bump hard

Offline pauline

Con man alert
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 21:01. »
That's the one who called to ours about 5 years ago and again a couple of months ago. Saying he'd been burgled but we sent him packing.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Con man alert
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 10:08. »
He's been a busy chap over the years and made some money from our good nature, I bet he had little success with some other nationalities that I won't directly name so as not to upset some on here.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Con man alert
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 16:34. »
Im english and not upset so name away, as an aside this is the guy who whilst the kids were playing outside (within boundary) he let himself through gate and into garden and was only feet from open front door, the wife luckily clocked him, he was very plausible with an answer for everything so dont think you wont fall for that old tale of woe because hes good. The wife got rattled and shouted me at which point  dutch frank was on his toes. Chase was given but he literally vanished. He was also smarter appearance back in july but same guy.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Joe1965

Con man alert
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 10:18. »
I will chase him ....................and i WILL catch him  :)

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Con man alert
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 11:32. »
I will chase him ....................and i WILL catch him  :)

I had him in my sights, unfortunately I didn't have an offence to detain him for but he was rattled when I said I was going to the Police with his photo. We need the registration and details of his car put on here, I was told he drives around in a hire car Fiat 500 which is an unusual choice for a chap 6'02.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Con man alert
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 10:47. »
Update. I have Sent the picture to a chap I was talking to from the Guardia Civil who lives here, he says there are a few wronguns around so be alert.

Offline mike and judith

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Con man alert
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 23:26. »
If a conman looked like a conman, he wouldn't make a living.
If a conman sounded implausible, he wouldn't make a living.
Because you're away from home & relaxed, don't think the whole world is a better place.
I love life here, & back in Cornwall, but have to be realistic, there are people all over who look to make from the unwary or naive.
Stay alert wherever you are &: enjoy.