Author Topic: Water Supply 21st February  (Read 584 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Water Supply 21st February
« on: February 21, 2018, 10:35. »
From Periodico Santa Pola;
The Municipality of santa pola has reported that during today's day, Wednesday, 21 February, it will take place on the Mediterranean Avenue of great alacant the repair work of a pipeline of the drinking water network in which Produced a leak. This breakdown is at the end of the rise on this avenue from the n-332, just to the height of the ground change that is before the curve. It is a pipe that is buried deep under the current vial, because of the modifications made earlier on the route of the road to make the curve less pronounced.
The repair work will begin today at the first hour and it is expected that they will be able to end on the same day. However, due to the depth to which the pipe is located, excavations will have to be carried out to find the exact location of the leak, so it may be extended until the next day and the lift lane is cut to traffic .
During the repair, a water court is to be carried out, so that the housing of the area, particularly those located in the streets of Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg, will receive lower pressure. It will try to supply water from another point so that the lowering of pressure is as slight as possible. The rest of the sector and the entire surrounding area to the gas station and the mall will have no problem finding a lower level.

Regards all

John
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 13:13. »
I see good old Google Translate is as accurate as ever  :)

Seriously though, this will be bound to create queues and delays at peak times. hopefully they will get it sorted as quickly as they expect!
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 17:24. »
I noticed the road up the hill from Consum roundabout was shut at 1130, I guess that was them digging up the road.