Author Topic: This could be lively  (Read 767 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
This could be lively
« on: February 16, 2018, 23:24. »
Tomorrow at 12:00 we are waiting for you in the municipal classrooms of santara resort in gran alacant for the #participaciónciudadana of the neighborhood workshop of #granalacant del pla ciutat #santapolavant

Don't! Your participation is essential to define the urban development strategy of #santapola and specifically in this workshop the facts, challenges and projects of #granalacant

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Keith and Jen

This could be lively
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 10:45. »
Where did you find this information?  It's the first we have heard of it.  We have just over one hour to get there.  No mention in the GA Advertiser or Dave Bull's paper that I noticed.  Are there any posters anywhere?  Has it been deliberately hushed-up so that they can say there was a lack of interest?

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
This could be lively
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 13:14. »
Hi Keith, it popped up last night on one of groups I follow on Mr Zuckerbergs marvellous site, as for your other questions I have no idea!!

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Keith and Jen

This could be lively
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 17:05. »
We went to the meeting.  There were a couple of dozen chairs set out in a circle, so they weren't expecting a lot of people.  About a couple of dozen people turned up.

It seems that Santa Pola Council have employed a firm of consultants to determine in what way Santa Pola should develop. They are consulting residents about what they thought was required, how they thought it could be attained etc.  This was projected over the next few years.  The consultants ran the meetings.

Six different meetings were held on different dates.

An initial meeting giving information about the following 'workshops':-

socio-sanitary, equality and environmental at Baluarte del Duque
participation with 3rd age at La Senia
neighbourhood, cultural, sports and youth at Baluarte del Duque
socioeconomic at Baluarte del Duque
Gran Alacant at Santara Resort

The attendees were split into Spanish speakers and 'other language' speakers.  Our group comprised seven English and one Spanish lady who wished to improve her English language skills.

We gave our opinions about the usual complaints such as dog mess, position of waste bins, bad mobile phone reception, taxis, bus service to airport - you know the stuff, but I don't think those things were what they were concerned about (except maybe bus service and mobile reception).

When I mentioned that we had only heard about the meetings that morning the lady from the town council said that it had been widely advertised on Facebook.  She seemed surprised that many people don't use Facebook or other social media.  There is apparently a notice in the library.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
This could be lively
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 09:02. »
Thanks for the update Keith.
There was a bit of disquiet on one of the social media sites about the awareness of the meeting, someone however posted;

The posters were at the library, farmacy, the clinic, life resort and also st the shops like euronics, brinco shop, book shop, several state agencies, and more. That is up since las week. Also the council office has been calling to the associations in Gran Alacant to invite them to come and also all members and neighbors were invited and wellcome. So I don't think that the council wanted to keep it as  secret.

Pity they didn’t tell this association!!

Regards all

John

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
This could be lively
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 16:19. »
Agreed I havent seen it and would have gone but never mind, missed that one but hopefully there will be others.