Author Topic: Does anything ever get done?  (Read 2101 times)

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Does anything ever get done?
« on: February 06, 2018, 19:58. »
Having read the letters in the GA Advertiser, I was wondering....all these people who complain or make suggestions to the council......does anything ever happen?....do they listen?
Just how pro-active are the Santa Pola 'council' at looking seriously into people's concerns?

Cheers
Davy !!!

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 20:24. »
There is a growing concern now Davy that GA is just being seen as a cash cow for Santa Pola.
The new administration came in with lots of talk but nothing much has materialised
Over the last few months I’ve received requests to join a couple of Facebook groups, both Spanish and set up with the purpose of being a voice for the people of GA.

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 20:32. »
Here’s a recent post from one of the groups re attending a council meeting in Santa Pola, they are being very inclusive.

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 20:54. »
It certainly sounds like the residents of GA need to band together to get their voices heard if individual concerns aren't being taken seriously.
Easier said than done though!

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 21:29. »
Having had a property in GA for over 15 years now nothing has really changed

The amount of properties that have been built in GA and people paying into Santa Pola must run into millions

Having said that basic things like the state of pavements,cutting back of trees and the general state of the surroundings seems to be declining

Not holding my breath for change any time soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 16:14. »
One of the groups I mentioned have just posted this, on Avenida America, apparently it’s been like this for months.
I will add that if that was on our street I’d clear it up myself, although I’d have no need to as our street and pavement is swept three times a week

Regards all

John

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 16:27. »
While we were in GA a week ago we were in the chemist up the top and as I happened to look out of the window, a guy in a black BMW parked opposite the shop threw a large plastic drinks cup complete with lid and straw out of his car window onto the road and drove away. I also last year saw a woman pull up by the refuse bin in Ave de Polonia and dump two bags of rubbish beside the bin. Pity the council can't set up some surveillance and find these filthy people.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 22:32. »
Who's living next to that John, that's what I would like to know. It's not all the council's responsibility I don't think. Just who would live with that outside their door and not simply pick it up?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 22:52. »
I’m with you there gaveteran, as I said earlier if it was on our street I’d clear it up myself.
Apparently it was some contractors working for Iberdrola who left it like that, so no one is doing anything as it’s someone else’s responsibility.....so 9 months later everyone thinks it’s ok to leave their rubbish in the street!!
Makes my blood boil

Regards all

John

Offline curly131

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 11:05. »
Does any body remember this little story?
This thread reminded me of it, a little levity on a serious subject.

This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

Cheers
Ian

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 12:47. »
One that’s hit a Facebook page about the state of GA today;

Unsanitary area
It is a real shame that for months there has been a constant overflow of faecal or residual water in the same corner where is located, the smell of passing through the area is nauseating and if you need to cross the street you have no escape, you have to Step on those waters.
The funny thing is that this summer, it came out of a grate that was next to the wax, but by order of not who, that record was covered with cement, so now it comes out through the cracks of the wall and the sidewalk of Dialprix............ to whom appropriate should take letters in the matter

Regards all

John

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 18:59. »
Its gross - if not fixed it will kill passing footfall trade into the Square - who would want to walk through that on the way to a point or dinner ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BeachLife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 15:39. »
I bet they didn't show that on A Place in The Sun, sewage! It beggars belief.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 15:45. »
Hi Kevin, it beggars belief that they thought they could stop it by pouring concrete down the grate, where did they think it was all going to go!!
Apparently it’s been oozing out since last Summer

Regards all

John

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 16:18. »
Is it a broken sewer pipe John ?