Author Topic: How cold does it get?  (Read 2559 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
How cold does it get?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 11:36. »
We were out for eleven days and flew home last Friday, it was cool and raining when left took off from Alicante airport, we had one of the warmest stays I can remember for January, despite our house being empty and shuttered since the end of last September the house was 62° F inside, we are south facing which helps, we just used our portable gas heater and sometimes the air con in our main bedroom to warm it a bit. Sat out on our front patio to sunbathe in the early afternoon and after twenty minutes on a few days went inside as I felt too hot. If you can get these conditions in January its brilliant. Let's face it its double or more the daytime temperature in the UK.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
How cold does it get?
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 15:15. »
Buy ur gas from the garage in Santa Pola under the flyover its €3 cheaper than dialaprix

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
How cold does it get?
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 16:17. »
How come flights are so expensive in Feb / March when it’s so cold. Talking £200 return from most uk airports don’t get it

Found the same. No school holiday here in somerset but the flights from Bristol for March are ridiculous.

We have central heating so have no worries of the cold months in GA. was out in January and the weather was great.  We even went to Benidorm and little old me was walking around jeans jumper scarf and coat and boots. Felt over dressed. 

Offline jondowool

How cold does it get?
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 18:28. »
Hubby on the mend after 12 months illness. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so he can enjoy G.A. once again. Have noticed price of flights but who cares when I know it will brighten his life up once he is there.

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
How cold does it get?
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 19:46. »
Well it certainly sounds like plenty people are dealing with the cold nights.
As I said, I've been to Benidorm in January and know how the temperature can drop like a stone once the yellow ball drops out of the sky!
Good to know that even with the poorly insulated houses, it is possible to stay warm at night. Gas Central Heating sounds really useful, but plenty coping with gas fires too.
Good to hear.

Cheers
Davy !!!

Offline Michael

How cold does it get?
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 11:14. »
We are in Novamar 3 and have heat pumps in the A/C.  We turn them on when we arrive for a week in February and leave them on low for the whole of the visit. It costs about 50 euros for the week, but it's money well spent we're as warm as toast!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
How cold does it get?
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 22:06. »
I always take off 10 degrees when trying to equate the temperature here to the UK, so at the moment it's -3 geeze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
How cold does it get?
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 23:32. »
No,it´s about 10 C

Bert

Offline jdr

How cold does it get?
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 16:51. »
Hi
Went to Webster's,sports bar yesterday afternoon to watch rugby England /Wales, ( we had it our House) why?, warm when we went in took top layers off as soon as sun went down like a fridge asked staff to put heating, told unable to do so, put on hats and coats, door opening constantly to allow smokers ( staff) in and out completed drinks and gone, that's how cold it gets in many years in GA
Jim