Author Topic: About to Buy  (Read 10245 times)

Offline lesandtony

About to Buy
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2018, 15:01. »
Suggest whoever you buy from can see you through all the paperwork properly and they speak good English and Spanish.. Try Sonia at www.Costa blanca beach homes.com. she sold to us 15 years ago and still keeps in contact. Very reliable

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
About to Buy
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2018, 15:20. »
We looked on that urb about 5 years ago. Lots of Spanish (which is great). Yes the location is good but the apartment was very dark, they all looked pretty similar in that respect, lots of dark wood about and the grounds were in need of a face lift.  Real shame about that rendering.  Im not sure if it has improved that much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2018, 18:26. »
Dave

We have one rental property on Costa Hispania that the owners have renovated. If you want to have a look to see what can be done, follow this link!
https://goo.gl/pDQAkV

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2018, 18:58. »
Hi Dave is that restaurant on site open for none resident and what is it call ?.
Steve

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2018, 09:53. »
Yes the restaurant on site is open to non residents.  8)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2018, 19:18. »
Hi-Jacking a thread here ......

Got a friend by my place who wants to upgrade and (yes) still stay on in GA in retirement. He's got a lovely south facing Coral - so he has to go through the faff of selling, estate agent fees buying and taxes etc just to stay in the area.

I wonder if there are people who are the other  bookend - who want to stay but have (say) a Villa with a pool on a plot who want to downsize and spring €100k of cash  ?

Its a great idea but no doubt full of pitfalls even if we bought some people together - any takers ?
BeachLife

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2018, 11:48. »
' so he has to go through the faff of selling, estate agent fees buying and taxes etc just to stay in the area. '

Think I will go through the above before I start handing over £100k in a brown envelope :)

Offline Blacky42

About to Buy
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2018, 13:30. »
Pewster - Good luck with your impending trip over to Gran Alacant,hope you find what you're looking for and I will be very interested to hear how it all went when you get back.👍

Cheers,
Mark

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2018, 14:15. »
' so he has to go through the faff of selling, estate agent fees buying and taxes etc just to stay in the area. '

Think I will go through the above before I start handing over £100k in a brown envelope

A few years ago a house just down from us had the home made Se Vende sign on the garden gate, some Germans I knew who wanted to buy on Novamar went for a look round
They were offered a hell of a deal, about 70% of market value, for a quick cash sale. They contacted their solicitor, within 5 minutes he told them there was a €135,000 outstanding mortgage debt on the property!!
As we learned in Latin many many years ago caveat emptor, there are rogues out there

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 14:16. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2018, 16:11. »
Wise words John. I remember the story from the first time you posted many moons ago (but I often can't remember what I went upstairs for).

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2018, 17:21. »
Costa Hispania community ! Now I assume looking at the pictures ( and the strange looking render on the buildings ) that this is one of the older areas, but location looks great. Would love to hear from anybody on here who has a property on there and can give us some insight into it ?

You will find that the Costa Hispania gardens and pools (4) have had very extensive work over the last 12 months and are now extremely well maintained and manicured. The garden areas are probably the most extensive that I know of in an urbanisation. Like others I don't like the horizontal render but that is only on phases 1 and 2. Phase 3 the yellow houses behind the Carabasi bars are a different finish and the properties in this part of the urbanisation are less crowded together. I have a friend whose house on phase 3 is not advertised yet but will be on sale in the late spring / early summer. It is one of the south facing ones onto Avda Polonia and will be in need of some cosmetic restoration initially. Murphy at Solbuilders has done at least four full reforms on this phase of the urb that show what it is possible to do to update the properties. Urb fees are €180 / quarter if that's in your calculation. I would take up Mark's of AHV's to look around his rental property because then you can wander around inside the urb; otherwise it may be difficult to get in, although you can go front to back through the restaurant it's opening hours are always - to me at least - a bit random.

Personally I could not envisage living up the hill. I am less than 5 minutes from the Carabasi bars and the bus and tram stops, the same from the Clot and 15 minutes flat walk to the waters edge at the beach. Better still a 25 minute stroll along the prom and I'm at the Estrella del Mar bar in Arenales. The GA centre is also a 25 minute gentle walk as well. No views perhaps but less wind. Probably quieter in winter but that suits me also.

Good luck with the purchase I'm sure you won't regret it wherever you settle; after 16 years I don't.

Dave

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2018, 22:37. »
Thanks for all the input folks, plane takes off in 16 hours so see you around GA from Sunday onwards ! ;)

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2018, 16:12. »
Well the deposit is down so I'm either doubling my money or we've bought. Next question, best diy / paint shops and best furniture stores that will deliver ? Cheers all !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2018, 16:59. »
Best diy is probably Leroy merlin in Alicante but the local feraterria down GA centre is good for most things for white goods I always use euronics they deliver fit it and take away old one all in price I’ve used the furniture shop down by euronics they are good and deliver but there are loads in Santa Pola who also deliver ,paint shop I use the one behind the carrefoure in Santa pola

Good luck with purchase

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2018, 17:07. »
Sound advice Spurs, the little shop in the commercial centre that sells furniture is also good, Banika I think it’s called

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."