Author Topic: About to Buy  (Read 10279 times)

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« on: January 27, 2018, 10:44. »
After much travel and searching we are very near to the point where we will be buying a Spanish property. Initially, as a holiday home for us and our grown up children, but long term to use semi  permanently in retirement. 

I understand whichever agent we buy it through will no doubt offer us advice and contacts etc., but I have also read a lot of advice to secure the services of an independent solicitor ( or equivalent ) to use for the purchase to ensure everything is checked out accordingly.

We will be buying in the Gran Alacant area and wondered if anybody on here would have any experience of or recommendation for a suitable independent contact ?

Dave

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 10:51. »
I use Andrea Burns she has always been excellent she does my tax return and is fiscal rep as well

Her email is.  office@andreaburns.es

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 11:12. »
Cheers, I'll drop her an e-mail.

Dave

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
About to Buy
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 12:54. »
Can also recommend Andrea, acted for us when we bought and still looks after fiscal matters for us.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline lesandtony

About to Buy
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 15:49. »
Can also recommend Andrea, acted for us when we bought and still looks after fiscal matters for us.
Try Sonia da Costa at costablancabeachhomes .com
She will take you through everything personally and lives in Gran alacant.  Tele no. 0034659018747.  Mention me tony Whittaker.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 14:13. »
Well everything is pretty much lined up now and arriving next week ! We are meeting up with Andrea Burns with regards representation and have property viewings booked with half a dozen or so different agents over the four day period ! Would be really interested to know from people if there are any particularly good communities to look at or any particularly bad ones to avoid, and if so, your reasons for thinking so ? 

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 14:24. »
We all probably love the communities we live on Pewster, we are down on Novamar, they were built by TM and they do seem to be built to a better standard and finish than a lot of the other developments
A lot of the properties on Novamar also come with underground parking and storage rooms in the parking area, very useful for tools, bikes, beach equipment.....or if you are contemplating renting the property out somewhere to store all your possessions whilst someone else is using your home.
Apart from the pools on each phase there is also a communal recreation area with a tennis court, basketball nets, kiddies play area.....we have voted recently to spend a few quid updating this area.
Novamar is very handy for the beach, you don’t need to ascend/descend Cardiac Hill, it’s also handy for the Carabassi Bars and it’s an easy walk on the flat to the supermarkets and night life at the Commercial Centre.
This always starts a debate, but here goes, if you are contemplating using the property over the winter buy a south facing property, it makes one hell of a difference.
Happy hunting

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 14:38. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 15:23. »
100% agree with John, South facing was our choice, makes the winters in Spain easier, you can sit out and sun bathe and the house absorbs solar radiation keeping it that much warmer, only other thing to say is we have had out house on GA for fourteen years and its purchase has been the best thing we have ever done, never regretted it and still enjoy it.

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 15:36. »
Cardiac Hill is fine down, it's always taxi hill coming back ;) I get nobody is particularly going to 'bad mouth' where they are, just slightly more interested if there are any examples of a particularly bad standard of building ( I had heard Novamar is good ) where we should be more apprehensive, likewise, any particularly bad gated community areas ? Thanks for all your comments thus far future neighbours ;)

Offline Alicante Holiday Villas

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 15:37. »
Agree with above regarding south facing.

If you are thinking of renting the property and would like impartial advice as to the best type or property and urb for that purpose, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 15:51. »
Won't need to rent, will just be friends and family for a couple of years then semi permanent in retirement for us after that !

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 16:15. »
Agree with John, south facing is the way to go, we are south west and get the sun, a lot, jump on the train when you arrive if youre not completely familiar with Gran Alacant, it will give you a good look around the whole area up and down the hill.
We bought with homefinders who are excellent and also did all the legal stuff, setting our bills up and everything. Andrea is lovely and a great fiscal rep. Happy hunting guys.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 19:57. »
Well, as it's a forum for debating things, I would choose East facing if you're going to live in it all year round. You get the sun all year round for a bit in the morning up to mid afternoon, and when it's the height of summer it's great to get the shade whilst the South and West facing properties are melting. Don't pick West as its freezing in winter and boiling well into the night in summer, and North is only good if you like cold in winter and not so hot in Summer. Or buy a detached villa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Chris C

About to Buy
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 20:01. »
I can’t impress enough, as others have, about the importance of the orientation of the property. I like Novamar they are very nice properties, however personally I prefer up the hill simply for the breathtaking views sat on my terrace watching the sunset. I would probably avoid Urb Gran Alacant (where cocoas is opposite Altomar 2 / market) simply because of the huge community fees due to the reform of the buildings.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 21:03. »
I couldn't see myself living up the hill, for the simple reason there's a bloody great hill in the way of the shops and beach, nothing personal but I like the option of being able to walk to places without having to check my pulse rate when walking up a near vertical hill in 35c.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk