Author Topic: Recommendations please?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Pantalonesgrandes72

Recommendations please?
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:41. »
Hi all
We're due over next week after a 2 year hiatus, looking forward to spending time in my favourite part of Spain. Just wondered if any of the regulars or residents could recommend any tapas bars / restaurants in G.A.? We used to frequent the little place next to Dunbars (is it still there) and a place near to the top of Cardiac Hill - Don Arturos I think?
Any suggestions gratefully received
Thanks in advance.

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
Recommendations please?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 12:36. »
Ricardo's place beside Dunbars, A Tu Gusto, was alive and well in May when we were there last and I trust still is.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline Chris C

Recommendations please?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 13:52. »
A tu gusto is very good. Am also told by friends who visited recently that tapas at the bodega (opposite side of road to dream corner by the bus stop) is fantastic. Think it is under new ownership

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Recommendations please?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 13:58. »
 Maykas Kitchen upstairs on the Shirley Bassey strip, great tapas and traditional Spanish food, the Galician octopus there is the best octopus I have ever had

Regards all

PS the leg of lamb on a Sunday is brill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline denandrose

Recommendations please?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 16:10. »
The place ChrisC is talking about is what was Don Arturos, it has a new name now and a bigger selection of food, tapas etc.
We agree with Aficionado, A Tu Gusto is good with excellent views, plus a nice selection of tapas. Ricardo is always a good host.

Offline burchd

Offline NickiH

Recommendations please?
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 13:32. »
We went for menu del dia and it was pretty good for the price. Then we went one evening and both dishes we chose were inedible. Tough meat it was horrid. So have never returned.

Offline Pantalonesgrandes72

Recommendations please?
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 11:19. »
Thanks guys!