Author Topic: EU Exit  (Read 18224 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:01. »
So its happened, didn't expect it, been a momentous fortnight here, fortieth wedding anniversary party followed by a heart attack six days later and now this.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 12:30. »
Hi Kevin, heart attack????
Hope you're ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Up the iron

EU Exit
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 12:35. »
Boris for PM. Lets shake things up a bit.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 13:07. »
Fine with leaving EU

But please not Boris Gump for PM !!!! Haven't we suffered enough ?

Offline elriscal

EU Exit
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 13:09. »
does this mean all the English working at the European Commission and Parliament, and at OAMI in Alicante will now be fired over the next few weeks?

Offline Stan

EU Exit
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 13:32. »
Just the English or would that equally apply to Welsh, Irish or Scots? ::)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 13:34. by Stan »

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 14:13. »
Does this mean we've been kicked out of the Euros and Iceland will get through to the Quarter Finals on a bye?

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 14:31. »
Will my ticket for tonight's Euro Millions Lottery still be valid?
That £31 million might come in handy

So many questions

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 14:31. »
Boris for prime minister and nigel as foreign secretary it could be a bumpy ride ahead.
They dont like it up em !

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 15:07. »
As a "reluctant remainer" I think in the long term the vote is something we will come to regret. Boris, Gove and their Little Englanders will have a lot to live up to in the coming months.

One things for sure is that the Law of Unintended Consequences will get a good airing as the genie leaves the bottle.

Dave

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 15:59. »
Hi Kevin, heart attack????
Hope you're ok

Hi John, Had heart attack last Friday in the early hours, was rushed to Basildon Cardio Centre for emergency operation to fit stent followed by five day hospital stay getting my heart to beat properly, completely taken by surprise and very tireing

Cheers Kevin
So its happened, didn't expect it, been a momentous fortnight here, fortieth wedding anniversary party followed by a heart attack six days later and now this.

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 16:06. »
Also will we still be eligible to fail dismally in the Eurovision Song Contest?

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 16:36. »
Think a big problem with the EU and our eventual leaving was not adopting each others cultures and idiosyncrasy such as the British not adopting the Spanish practice of as a family aimlessly wandering the streets in the evening and the Spanish refusing to accept their quotas of Vimto.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
EU Exit
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 18:49. »
What a day.  All the fat cats have got the right hump i can tell you. Very aggressive in the City.  My boss emailed me to say I wont be getting a bonus this year because property prices will plummet (really he's got the hump that I voted out....and I'm not joking) then my son (who is a trader and also voted out) has just told me the co. he works for traded a billion dollars today. The most in 2 years!!!    Cant be all that bad???

Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
EU Exit
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 23:40. »
A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom, and it was lovely this evening on our little beach up here in Yorkshire

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 23:44. by John Hannon »