Author Topic: Calendar..........  (Read 3491 times)

Offline Joe1965

Calendar..........
« on: March 12, 2015, 17:30. »
I'd like to make the suggestion that the calendar on the forum include Spanish Bank holidays and important festivities if at all possible.
It would be useful for members to know what is going on in the local area and know when businesses are set to shut down etc.
I don't think it would take that long to update. (hopefully)

Just a thought.

Joe

Online Admin

• Administrator
Calendar..........
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 17:48. »
If any member has accurate details about these holidays and festivals please send them to me and I will try to incorporate them into the ´Calendar´ and the ´Events´ notifications. We must be careful with ¨red¨ days etc. as I do not want to give incorrect information about shops being shut etc. which has happenned to me in the past.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 18:19. by Admin »

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Calendar..........
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 17:53. »
I do know that 3rd April is a bank holiday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Online Admin

• Administrator
Calendar..........
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 18:02. »
Thanks puddy-woo. If it´s a Bank Holiday does this mean that all the shops and businesses are closed on 3rd April or some of them or none of them ? Is it a ´red´ day or not ? As I say we have to be careful how we display the information in the Calendar. We could display such occasions as ´Bank Holiday (Spain)´and just leave it at that .. what do other members think ?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 18:18. by Admin »

Offline denandrose

Calendar..........
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 18:27. »
Here is a link to a useful website for different Cities and towns of Spain with Red days and local holidays.

http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_6/Masinformacion/CalendarioLaboral/Fiestas/index.htm?Ejercicio=2012&prov=03&loc=031210000

HTH.

Online Admin

• Administrator
Calendar..........
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 16:36. »
Thanks for the link ´denandrose´. I have now updated the ´Calendar´ and ´Events´ notifications to include the National Holidays (Red) and Local Holidays (Blue). I have deliberately left out the Autonomous Holidays (Black) to avoid confusion.

Offline Joe1965

Calendar..........
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 23:44. »
Many thanks.

8)