Author Topic: Benecol  (Read 1121 times)

Offline SueB

Benecol
« on: January 23, 2018, 21:39. »
I am having to reduce my cholesterol level through diet which includes taking a Benecol or an equivalent supermarket own brand yogurt drink on a daily basis.  Does anyone know which supermarkets in the Gran Alacant area sell these as I am due to fly out very shortly and I really need to continue taking them? 

Sue

Offline lesandtony

Benecol
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 21:42. »
I am having to reduce my cholesterol level through diet which includes taking a Benecol or an equivalent supermarket own brand yogurt drink on a daily basis.  Does anyone know which supermarkets in the Gran Alacant area sell these as I am due to fly out very shortly and I really need to continue taking them? 

Sue
Dialprix, masa sq.   Mercadona and Consom  Commercial centre

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Benecol
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:48. »
Interesting.  I also take them but have the Aldi’s own brand lite ones.  I wonder if Aldis in SP do them. I find them much nicer (and cheaper!!) - was gonna bring them with me.  Are you having a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar a day as well??  I am- its vile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline SueB

Benecol
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 10:07. »
Thank you so much for your replies. It looks as if I will not have any trouble getting 'my daily fix' afterall!  As we do not hire a car I was hoping it would be available on the urbanisation. I did not know Aldi sold a similar product. I will also have a look in the Santa Pola Aldi when we go in. I have heard that apple cider has medicinal properties, I shall look into it. If it tastes horrible must be good for you!

Thanks once again.

Sue

Offline Blue and white stripes

• Galactic Member
Benecol
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 10:43. »
Interesting that the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) - which regulates the health claims manufacturers can make about their products - hasn't approved any health claims for apple cider vinegar.
Maybe it's just the placebo effect.

Offline Keith and Jen

Benecol
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 16:17. »
A few months ago, the BBC programme "Trust me I'm a Doctor" did a test of the effects of Cider Vinegar.

Here's a link:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37229792

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Benecol
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 16:52. »
Thanks Keith. Interesting.  Nice to know I’m not gagging for nothing. I have a diluted tablespoon full every morning - maybe I should increase it to 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Benecol
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 18:04. »
When I started working for Holland and Barrett about 35 years ago, well before products required Product Licences to substantiate their claims the staff all used to call it DynoRod for the veins!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Benecol
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 14:36. »
At first I thought this was about Benilin !!! You could get addicted to that stuff