Author Topic: Pining for GA  (Read 994 times)

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Pining for GA
« on: January 02, 2018, 18:11. »
I'm laying here watching A Place In the Sun and wishing I was in Spain. There's nothing quite like that after Xmas feeling and where you have enjoyed the traditional getting together of your family and sharing disease an viruses, has certainty worked this year.

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Pining for GA
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 18:13. »
Me as well Kevin got so bad yesterday I started looking at flights !!!!  Might have to visit before end of jan

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Pining for GA
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 18:24. »
Hi Spurs, I empathize with you, been looking at flights myself , I do enjoy Xmas but its become the tradition where we get invaded for days over the holiday been going on for decades now, its a lot of work and damned expensive, the bonus this year is someone has passed a virus to my wife and I, a streaming cold and sore throat. Anyway hope you have a Happy New Year.

Cheers Kev

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Pining for GA
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 18:38. »
I also empathize.   Had 17 round my dinner table on Xmas day. My pining has led me to book us a long weekend in Feb.  The weather over xmas looked fab - hope we are as lucky when we arrive 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Pining for GA
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 18:47. »
Crikey, seventeen ! You have my sympathy, have had ten and two dogs, this year I spent so much time with the dishwasher I was talking to it.

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Pining for GA
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 22:57. »
I am the dishwasher in my house lol

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
Pining for GA
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 07:42. »
The last three years we've broken the tradition of waiting hand and foot on all the children and grandchildren by going away for Christmas. Got back a few days ago after a cruise to the Canaries on Queen Victoria. Didn't escape the virus though.  :(

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Pining for GA
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 09:55. »
Seems the worse year I have known for viruses, seems to have clobbered everyone I know, just glad I got it after Xmas and not before.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
Pining for GA
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 17:06. »
I certainly know the feeling, more so when today I get a notification from easyJet telling me to make my way to gate 31 for boarding. We were meant to be out today but, alas we are still here in the wind and rain. Can’t even watch A Place In The Sun as no tv and no internet. The joys of moving and Openreach, not connecting you to for over a month  >:(  Family all had the germs over New Year so was nice and quiet for a change. Seems I was the only one to remain healthy, probably all the vino.

Have a great New Year everyone.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 17:08. by Sookie »

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
Pining for GA
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 20:25. »
I have had that Sookie, booked flights and then couldn't go due to illnesses. Only made September 2017 visit by skin of my teeth due to an op that went wrong. Every Xmas my wife says I'm not doing it this year, its someone else's turn and lo and behold we do, this year was a five day Xmas, in-law moved in and then other people on different days, we must be nuts.