Author Topic: New steak house  (Read 3037 times)

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
New steak house
« on: October 20, 2017, 16:46. »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline carmen4685

New steak house
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 16:18. »
Has anyone tried this place?

Offline Saliorgerry

New steak house
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 17:27. »
We have when it opened ..the steaks were lovely...a wee bit on the expensive side..the red wine was okay..I had a chocolate pudding..I would give it as miss as it was so small...especially for the price..I would go back for the meat however...

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
New steak house
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 12:28. »
We tried it when it first opened last autumn and gave it a good review. When we returned about two weeks later some of the prices had increased dramatically but the food was still good. We have been back only once since and again the food was good but I would endorse the previous opinion - good food and friendly staff but a tad expensive (and the wine) for the general area. There are better alternatives without going bargain basement. OK for once in a while but I won't be a regular.
Dave

Offline carmen4685

New steak house
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 00:24. »
We decided to try it out. I would agree that the food was very nice, but a bit pricey for what we had. 51€ for 3 mixed  grills a bear and a water. I think we were charged just under 5€ for bread and allioli, which was placed on the table so we thought they were inclusive into the menu prices.

Offline carmen4685

New steak house
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 00:25. »
#beer... 

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
New steak house
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 09:34. »
Ah yes the bread - I had forgotten about that.

The last time we were there we were fooled by the bread and allioli being placed on the table after ordering drinks and assumed it was complimentary as it had been on previous visits.

There is no mention of it being otherwise so when I queried it the owner just shrugged and said that as we had eaten it it was to be paid for. A bit underhand to say the least and not good customer service.

Dave

Offline Aficionado

• Galactic Member
    • Hopper & Co
New steak house
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 18:13. »
To be fair, it is not that unusual certainly in Spanish establishments and I always expect that I am going to be charged for it - but I do agree that the option to decline should be available, all it needs is a simple question from the waiter.
Mike and Jane Hopper

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
New steak house
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 20:46. »
Ah yes the bread - I had forgotten about that.

The last time we were there we were fooled by the bread and allioli being placed on the table after ordering drinks and assumed it was complimentary as it had been on previous visits.

There is no mention of it being otherwise so when I queried it the owner just shrugged and said that as we had eaten it it was to be paid for. A bit underhand to say the least and not good customer service.

Dave

I would have told them as I didn't order it I won't be paying for it.
And then give them exactly the right money, no wonder the place is always empty and the furniture looks very uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk