Author Topic: Bus from Arenales del Sol to Mercadona Gran Alacant  (Read 2510 times)

Offline hyetometer

Bus from Arenales del Sol to Mercadona Gran Alacant
« on: October 04, 2017, 09:52. »
Hi all,

I'm going to spend 3 weeks in Los Arenales del Sol in November without hiring a car. I found out that Dia supermarket has a delivery service, so I could order heavier things I need from there, buy fruit and vegetables in the smaller supermarkets in Los Arenales. But for yoghurt, cottage cheese etc. I'd like to do the shopping in Lidl and Mercadona.

Is there a bus directly from Arenales to the commercial centre Gran Alacant? I can't find a detailed schedule for the winter period.

Any ideas welcome!

Monika

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 11:55. »
Hi Monika, if you check the Baile time table you will see that they operate quite a few buses that go through Arenalas, around GA and then exit GA by the commercial centre.
They have timetables on line.
The drivers by and large are very helpful and always have copies of the time table to hand out.
Hope this helps

Regards all

John

PS I don’t know about Dia,  I have used the Mercadona home delivery service several times and chilled and frozen goods have arrived in perfect condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline hyetometer

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 14:05. »
Hi John,

many thanks for your reply! So it should be possible to travel to the commercial centre by bus. The schedules don't identify the stops in Arenales (at least 3), and I will ask the driver as you suggest. Should have plenty of time even to wait for the next bus ...

I'm in the process of registering for compra online from Mercadona, I hope they accept my German identification number.

Cheers,

Monika

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 17:40. »
They do some nice cottage cheese in consum as well

Offline Phillip

• Supreme Member
  • De cuerdo y loco todos tenemos un poco.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 12:25. »
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:29. by Phillip »
Phillip