Author Topic: Airport Transfers  (Read 4241 times)

Offline martin

Airport Transfers
« on: August 20, 2017, 20:10. »
Looking for airport transfer for early October...any alternatives to taxis?

Thanks,
Martin

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 20:39. »
There are plenty of local people who do airport runs but they are not licensed taxis you pays your money you takes your choice. Ask at any of the local bars and restaurants most have someone who they know does it . 

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 20:42. »
Getting trickier now the cameras are in place recording car plate numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeachLife

Offline cathk7@hotmail.com

Airport Transfers
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 21:04. »
Alicante private transfers

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 19:41. »
Ive never understood why people use locals to do airport runs when a taxi from arrivals to the GA centre is only €16 euros, most locals charge at least 20/25 euros for no insurance and cash into black economy, no wonder its all going t**ts up.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 20:06. »
The problem is getting back to airport from GA I've had legit taxis not turn up after being booked (which was a nightmare as well ) also I have met several people who have had the same issue and when you have a plane to catch reliability is the most important thing .. I rarely don't hire a car now prices are so cheap less than two taxis out of school holiday time

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 20:53. »
Ive never understood why people use locals to do airport runs when a taxi from arrivals to the GA centre is only €16 euros, most locals charge at least 20/25 euros for no insurance and cash into black economy, no wonder its all going t**ts up.
Where I live it is €17.50 THEN they add the €3 as its from the airport, I use the rank when arriving and a MATE when leaving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cathk7@hotmail.com

Airport Transfers
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 09:03. »
GA needs more Taxis

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 09:35. »
I have only once booked an official taxi to take me to the airport, it was an early flight and I didn't want any mates to get up too early
I arranged to meet outside a bar, it was easier than explaining how to find the house.
At 7.00am as I rounded the corner expecting to see my taxi waiting for me, it sped off.....it transpired that someone else had seen it there, jumped in and said "airport please", the driver assumed it was his booking and off he set.
I would never take the risk again, it would either be a mate or a reliable unofficial

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 15:04. »
Looks like i will need to get a friend then John or maybe i could borrow yours.
They dont like it up em !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 20:01. »
He'll charge you €25 Victor......but you wouldn't be insured as cash had changed hands

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Airport Transfers
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 20:44. »
Who knows cash has changed hands tho. A neighbour is dropping you at the airport surely??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 22:03. »
When I use the "illegals" you always pay when you get in the car.....obviously the sight of cash changing hands at the airport is a giveaway.
The police are apparently, if you believe what you read, are using automatic number plate recognition.......surely you don't have 35 neighbours who needed dropping off at the airport this week signor...

Regards all

John

Offline sunseeker

Airport Transfers
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 21:58. »
Almost cheaper to hire a small car and collect at airport . We usually pay £45 for the week

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Offline DaveG

• Galactic Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 11:14. »
The airport short stay drop off at departures has been using ANPR for at least 18 months. You get 10 minutes (or is it 15) free, after that you have to pay to get out.

Take at look at the ticket that you get at the entrance barrier - in really small print at one end is your car registration number and the date and time of entry. I suppose it would be quite easy for the system to be programmed to look for multiple entries over a given time period.

Dave