Author Topic: Restuarant  (Read 11097 times)

Offline Gemstone

• Supreme Member
Restuarant
« on: May 03, 2017, 14:51. »
Does anyone have a favorite restuarant in Gran Alacant, and which one ? Am trying to find somewhere nice for tonight.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Restuarant
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 15:09. »
La Paletta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 15:41. »
La palleta

Offline kira

Restuarant
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 15:54. »
we are going to try Maya,s ....
down at the carabassi centre..... :)

Offline tony and lesley

• paradise is GA
Restuarant
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 16:01. »
La Palleta

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 17:24. »
We've always been a fan of lapalletta but whilst over for the easter holidays we ate there and weren't impressed, we booked a table 2 weeks earlier whilst passing and requested a certain table in the restaurant,  not an issue as no other table in reservation book so all duly noted, on arrival at our allotted time we were shown to the table by the toilets, i duly stated our table request pointing at the vacant table we had requested, the answer was someone else has reserved it, not possible says me as when we reserved no one else in book, we then had a take or leave it moment and duly gave in.The guests for our reserved table then arrived and were greeted like returning royalty with hugs and kisses all round. Clearly we had been trumped. The waitress then made matters worse by seeing my annoyance said next time if i made the same request they would honour it. The evening then declined further with the wifes chicken in cheese dish being undercooked and bloody inside, it was then zapped in the microwave which didnt rectify the issue really. All in a poor show.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Potter14

Restuarant
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 17:57. »
If you go to La Palleta make sure you go to the bank and get a mortgage first not cheap? Actual very expensive for what you get.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 18:43. »
You are right they're not cheap but have achieved a top slot in GA simply because they are the best of of a bad lot, there's lots of good eateries in ga but none really that are exceptional, ironically the only eaterie that compares well is darbys chippy, the indian restaurants arent a patch on the thousands in the uk which beat them hands down for quality. We went to good view the other week after hearing rave reviews, at best it was average and thats being generous. The only stars in ga for me are nankin or gran mundo if you prefer Chinese, there isnt an indian as theyre all pretty poor, patagonia for steaks and chicken, and 2 new entries which rated highly were Rogers all day breakfast and Maykas kitchen which was very good, other than these travel elsewhere as both santapola and alicante city have shed loads of top eateries that put ga to shame.
All the above is my opinion i say it how i eat it.

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
Restuarant
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 20:14. »
I dont think La Palletta is overly expensive tbh unless u go for the 3 courses and loads of wine and i disagree that its the best of a bad lot. Think thats a bit 'unkind'.   I also like Alexandria's - worth a visit.  Do agree about the indians tho and also agree that Gran Mundo is best chinese. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 20:28. »
I can't believe no one has mentioned Dunbars!

Offline NickiH

Restuarant
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 21:01. »
Gran Mundo, Cocoa and Il Sapore

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 21:04. »
Joking aside (see above) Cocoa has gone downhill for ten years in my opinion. The last time I went it was simply a different place - they've even altered the chips seasoning. Why would you do that? I suppose nearly all the original staff have left now :( The steak was always pitiful, but the pizzas and chips (classic combo haha) used to be good.

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 21:22. »
Dont panic gavetran Dunbars the custòmer from last july will post soon saying how its the best restaurant in spain blah blah, sadly the empty tables suggest something different.
Forgot to mention the Belfry we met friends on a Sunday for a carvery the other day and have to say it was pretty good 3 courses and at reasonable cost, the team who run it again are pretty good and always aim to please.

Offline Chris C

Restuarant
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 22:55. »
Did Nan King other night and it didn't disappoint, excellent value tasty Chinese. I rate Alexanders highly as well, good home cooked mousaka at very reasonable price, drinks good value and staff very friendly.

Offline gaveteran

• Galactic Member
Restuarant
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 07:45. »
My all-time favourite is Kings Foods: http://www.kings-food.com/products.asp wherever I see their van I know I'm going to get a wholesome tourist-class microzapped meal! "Molded to give the look of a handmade product" says the write-up, my mouth is watering!