Author Topic: Scam man in Puerto Marino now ?  (Read 11222 times)

Offline Jocla

Scam man in Puerto Marino now ?
« on: April 03, 2017, 15:50. »
Hi all ....just sitting on the porch minding our own business when a man entered our gate and walked right in. He said he was from along the road and had just been burgled. He said he was Dutch . He is tall, late fifties or older with a green top and grey jogging pants; his socks were over the bottom of his joggers and he wore yellow trainers.  He mostly spoke to my husband in good English but his eyes were a bit glazed and he looked a bit down at heel.  I went in to the house at one point and I think this spooked him ( maybe thought I was calling police? ) he left shortly after .
We assume it was a potential scam...he didn't ask for anything but was mentioning locksmith /€500/cycling to elche....
Thought it worth posting here to alert people and now that the lovely weather is here we can all get a bit relaxed.
My gate is now locked !

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 16:45. »
Fair play to him.
He's done more to raise crime awareness in the area than any amount of publicly funded campaigns

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 17:41. »
I suspect this the same man who pulls all kind of scams from locked out of house need to borrow some money for locksmith to I'm a neighbour can you help me . Be aware he is always scamming and conning bloody lowlife want locking up !!

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 18:26. »
Is this him?, my old mate Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Alan

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 18:50. »
Just logged on to report that this person was doing the rounds again and saw the post by Jocla. We are also in Puerto Marino and this afternoon, whilst I was out, he called at our house and came out with the burgled last night business and needs a temporary loan to help with lock replacement cost. My wife refused and was asked "Don't you trust me", because she is very polite she simply said no and he cleared off.

Offline Peds and Lol

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 18:57. »
The same man was at our house this afternoon claiming he lived behind us and had been burgled this afternoon. I did not recognise him as living behind us! He asked where the president lived as he needed to report it! He did not ask for money but sure this is the same man!

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 20:28. »
He is scum he has tried all these before and will keep doing it need locking up for a long long time

Please look at photo and beware he is very convincing. 

Offline Jocla

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 21:23. »
Yes, that's him!

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 14:21. »
having been visited myself by dutch frank or whatever his current persona, i cant believe after all these years he is still walking the streets of GA trying his con trick. His he ever going to be locked up.
They dont like it up em !

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 15:36. »
Agreed, he will continue his con until someone reports him to the Police. Apathy is on his side, and the fact that people are embarrassed that they fell for his story.
I've heard his story first hand and he is very plausible, although he does look and smell like someone who lives rough and not a house owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 17:06. »
It's not just apathy.
If you where on a weeks holiday would you want to waste at least half a day of your hard earned break finding out where you need to go to report the incident, travel there, keep your fingers crossed that they speak English all for the sake of losing  €50 to a con man, €50 you won't get back even if you do report the crime
I know I wouldn't.
I'd mark it down to an experience, like checking your change in a bar, to learn from and enjoy the rest of my holiday

Regards all

John

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline bramleylad

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 20:43. »
Could pictures of this man not be put up around GA ,even in the bars ,warning people of his "scam" .Summer is coming which will bring plenty of new targets for this scumbag to con ,which in turn shows GA in a negative light when holiday makers are going back home  reporting of con men working in the area  >:(

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 21:48. »
I agree John regarding non residents and tourists not wanting to spend their time in the policia station, i was referring to the residents of GA who must know more about frank than what is on this forum, he clearly has a vehicle what is it where does he keep it, where does he live, who with, so many questions but after several years no answers.
They dont like it up em !

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 22:59. »
I can't believe this guy is still getting away with this.
He must be making a good living

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 23:52. »
Let's keep it in perspective, GA IMHO is a very peaceful low crime area, the last thing I'd like to see are "wanted" posters in the bars.
Surely some responsibility lies with the owners who rent their properties out to provide information to their customers on the "scams" in the area as part of the pack of information they provide

Regards all

John