Author Topic: GA centre Opticians  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
GA centre Opticians
« on: January 22, 2016, 15:04. »
After paying a nice amount out for a pair of glasses at Specsavers!! Plus them telling me I also need prescription sun glass, I'm now wondering what the cost of a pair of glasses would be in the opticians in GA. so just wondering if anyone has used them.

Sian.

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
GA centre Opticians
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 15:27. »
Myself & my family have bought from them depends on how much you want to spend.we would not hesitate to go back to them for more, the same glass,s back home would be a lot more expensive and there after care service is second to none
Regards
Dave

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
GA centre Opticians
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 16:12. »
Mrs H has had glasses from the optician at the centre, the main reason she went was due to their great selection of frames.
She didn't think the eye test/examination was as thorough as she receives in the UK
The glasses, varifoculs, were perfect.
As for price, I reckon about the same as the UK
He's a good guy, Mrs H had an operation on her eye a couple of years ago, whilst we were in GA the pressures in her eyes needed testing, he did it for her free of charge.
He's also adjusted my glasses I didn't buy from him and wouldn't take any payment

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 16:46. by John Hannon »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
GA centre Opticians
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 16:55. »
Many thanks for the replies.
We are back over again in February so I may just go along with my prescription and see what they say.

I've had to have verifocals this time round and  was totally gobsmacked at the cost. Then to be told I will have to have them in prescription sun glasses also..  ::) would have been nice if they had given me a chance to pick myself up off the floor first  ;)

Sian