Author Topic: Does anything ever get done?  (Read 2104 times)

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
Does anything ever get done?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 16:33. »
From what I read the assumption seems to be it’s a broken sewer coming from the bars in MASA square

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline bertdove

• Galactic Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 16:41. »
In the last few weeks the council have been busy digging holes in Calle holanda, but obviously nowhere near this disgrace!

Bert

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 18:04. »
Not going to do local business any good. Hope you are well John.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 18:21. »
There always seems to be a whiff of sewage at various points in GA, I suspect this is because they don't seem to vent the gases off like we do in the UK. Seems another big problem with blockages is what people flush down their toilets, nappy liners and various sanitary wear, all causes havoc with the system. One of my houses in the UK years ago had a blocked sewer gulley, I personally removed more than ten buckets of J Cloths, I reckon the previous owner cleaned the toilet every week with a J Cloth and then flushed it away and of course they stay in the gulley gradually backing up the system.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 18:27. »
Yes, all good thanks Kevin.
Years ago I “sealed” all my toilets in with rubber gaskets from the toilet outlet to the drain......the builders had the toilet outlet sitting below the surface of the drain leaving a gap all the way round, I also put “U” bends on all the sinks to stop the smells from the “phantom dumper”
A builder who came to the house had a good laugh at this, he said he’d done the same in his house to stop any “odours”......he did however say that if everyone did this, due to the lack of stench pipes to vent the drains, that pressures would build up and people would get “sewage blow out” in their bathrooms as the gas had to go somewhere.....makes sense when you think about it, I just hope my neighbours don’t do the same as me!!

Regards all

John

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 18:32. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 18:34. »
A worrying scenario John, I did both my toilets with the servicio connectors from the ferreteria in El Altet, have not had any smells since.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 18:37. »
We use the same shop, great arn’t they.
I always go armed with a few photos on my phone, they have a laugh and sort me out

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 20:09. »
They are good, I have even had keys cut there for my UK houses as they are something like €1.30 each as opposed to nearly £6 at home.