Author Topic: Buy or Rent?  (Read 576 times)

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Buy or Rent?
« on: February 06, 2018, 19:54. »
Always naturally assumed that we would buy a house in Spain when we retire and spend half the year there and half in the UK.
Two things have happened to make me question that.

Firstly, the fact that you lay out a heck of a lot of money which you won’t get back until you’re ready to return home……probably at end of life!
Also, having rented a house in GA on our last three visits, and also having been to Tenerife in December where we met a few people who were long term renting really nice properties for £500 per month, I’m now thinking that maybe long term renting may be the better bet.

We could try different properties and even different countries as and when we please.
If you had your time again, what would you choose to do?

Cheers
Davy !!!

Offline Angiewheel1

Buy or Rent?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 20:07. »
Always naturally assumed that we would buy a house in Spain when we retire and spend half the year there and half in the UK.
Two things have happened to make me question that.

Firstly, the fact that you lay out a heck of a lot of money which you won’t get back until you’re ready to return home……probably at end of life!
Also, having rented a house in GA on our last three visits, and also having been to Tenerife in December where we met a few people who were long term renting really nice properties for £500 per month, I’m now thinking that maybe long term renting may be the better bet.

We could try different properties and even different countries as and when we please.
If you had your time again, what would you choose to do?

Cheers
Davy !!!
Hi there we have rented for a long time now as we decided we didnt know area that well and thought  it best to perhaps buy when we decided.  We are now coming up to our 9th year starting off in Altea Hills just past Altea and about half hour from Benidorm.  Stunning villa, stunning views, stunning rent costs but we stayed over a year
We then heared a lot to be said about going further south costa blanca so we moved to La Herrada by Los Montesinos very quiet not much going in unless we went into Quesada or Benijofar or Los Montesinos so we decided to move to Puerto Marino in Gran Alacant we moved to a quad in the Finlandia area by GA Centre great area lots going on but then we moved again to Oasis La Marina stayed there in detached villa with pool very nice but again not much goibg in but we stayed for over 2 years only to return to Puerto Marino again Finlandia love it here but would we buy here? NO  so on we go lol.  At least we havent bought and be stuck so I would say rent in different areas until you are satisfied  Angie

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Offline dleafy

• Supreme Member
Buy or Rent?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 20:11. »
Thanks Angie,
Sounds like it's worked out well for you.
The couple we met in Tenerife rented for 6 months over the winter. The weather is certainly warmer there in the winter!