Author Topic: For sale ?  (Read 1989 times)

Offline bramleylad

For sale ?
« on: February 03, 2018, 22:24. »
Hi , just reading GA advertiser and there is an advertisement  for a business for sale in Plaza Mayor ,any one know what it is ?

Offline steve watson

• Galactic Member
For sale ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 23:35. »
That’s got to be big als !!!!

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
For sale ?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 23:55. »
Should be cheaper now
Whole building been stripped inside and the outside awning is on the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sunseekers

• Galactic Member
For sale ?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 09:44. »
There’s also a nice little bar on the Carabassi strip that has been for sale for ages  but I’ve never seen an ad for it, just the for sale sign in the window, O Duills.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
For sale ?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 14:30. »
Rumours have it that it’s Pub Grub and the number on the advert is that of Steve’s as shown in his swimming pool advert which is also in the GA advertiser.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
For sale ?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 15:46. »
Think most bars and eateries are for sale in GA, I think that the quickest path to bankruptcy is to run a bar in Spain.

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
For sale ?
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 19:42. »
The owner of O’Duills has been trying to sell the property for a couple of years now
There has been some interest but the money never materialises

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
For sale ?
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 20:04. »
I do like O,Duills, nice couple who run it, its a good place to sit outside and catch the winter sun.

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
For sale ?
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 15:20. »
When people say "for sale" I guess they are talking about the "Trespaso" - transfer of a lease, fixtures, fittings and goodwill. A really interesting way for valuing a bar.

For example I would imagine that the former "Big Als" has a zero value as a trespaso as there is no business or fixtures and fittings in place (Made worse by now as the canopy / toldos was vandalised by a certain group on Friday night)

and really busy pubs with good books and a long history of decent business will attract the premium, there arent many places here that where the owner of the building lease actually operate the establishment
BeachLife

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
For sale ?
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 18:28. »
If it is pub grub that up for sale, It’s never been opened so how can it be valued. I’m guessing the rent on O’ Duills is expensive as it’s in a prime position. One of the many factors that need to be taken in when purchasing a trespaso is the rental costs. I’ve been told that the rental in the commercial centre goes up in the summer months.

Cant believe that people go around vandalising property. Can’t see the joy they would get out if it.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
For sale ?
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 18:35. »
In the UK the landlord or lease holder often charge a premium to assign the lease to a new tenant in commercial property, often a premium is charged if the property is in a desirable location, a premium is non refundable and goes someway to offsetting a landlords loss incase the tennant stops paying rent.
A reputable business with a good covenant may well not have to pay a premium where a sole trader with limited experience may well be charged a hefty premium in order to take the lease. I would assume the same is true in Spain.
This is a complete aside from the goodwill and fixtures and fittings side of purchasing the business

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 18:37. by John H »
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline bramleylad

For sale ?
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 23:03. »
 Always a shame  when a bar closes , always looks better when all units are open ,would imagine it looks a bit of an eyesore now, what happened to Big Al + Brandan ?

Offline Occasional tourist

For sale ?
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 11:38. »
By all accounts Big Al's and the family went bust and left a trail of debt and destruction behind them......nice people! Not!

Offline adob

For sale ?
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 17:45. »
That’s got to be big als !!!!