Author Topic: About to Buy  (Read 10269 times)

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
About to Buy
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 22:16. »
Agree re south facing, never too hot for me and there’s always aircon. We are on a Med and like the Novamars the Meds are on the flat and a walk from the Carabassi bars and 20 min walk from beach.  Our complex was on A Place in the Sun recently .   It’s a small complex with nice gardens which appealed to me. Has pools, tennis, covered parking etc and overlooks the nature reserve.  I think they are a TM build. We used to own a Serena on Monte y Mar Alta.  That was a MASA build. Their reputation is not so good but we had no problems with the apartment although they lied about how the surrounding area and pool would be.  I preferred the layout of the Serena but did not like the pool area. There are some good bars and restaurants a short walk away though.  In the winter the Carabassi area is like a ghost town so possibly better to be up the Hill at that time of year.  There are quite a lot of services up on the Altomars and lots of pools but it is definitely a drive to the beach and very hilly.  I dont think the train/bus serves us that well down our end, its a pain if you want a drink in the Commercial Centre or the Masa Square as you literally have to ride round the whole of GA to get home and the last train is around 11.30    It might be an easy walk back, but its a slap, i know, I’ve done it enough!! There are plusses  and minuses for all areas so its what suits you really.  I also think a good president is very important as is a lifeguard in the summer if you have small children. We love where we are and don’t think we’d go to a different area other than Novamar or when we win the lotto and get a villa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline David D

• Supreme Member
About to Buy
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 17:54. »
We are on Puerto Marino urbanisation,we find it handy because you can walk to all the shops ,Lidl,mercadona,consum ect.Also numerous bars & restaurants.If want to go somewhere different for something to eat or drink you can get on the train that takes you up the hill.
Dave

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 23:36. »
Looking at some of the properties currently on sale and knowing both what we are after and budget available, there seems to be a number of properties that fit the bill in the areas of Brisamar and Monte Y Mar Alto so any particular feedback from any of you on either of these would be greatly appreciated !

Offline Keith and Jen

About to Buy
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2018, 08:41. »
We live in Brisamar.

If you are not too bothered about beach life then there is no particular reason to find somewhere near there.  However the land is more or less flat down there so those with mobility problems will most likely prefer it.

If you don't need to shop every day there is no problem getting from Brisamar to the GA Centre on the circular bus.  It takes me about 30 minutes to walk down (40 minutes return).  We have two small supermarkets close by - Quiksave (mostly expensive British food) and Unide Supermarket on the Life Resort.  We use these mostly for milk and bread (sliced English loaves at QS and fresh-baked baguettes at LR).

The Pharmacy, doctors' surgery, library and council offices are just over 5 mins. away downhill.  Also very close are several cafes, and some of the best restaurants in GA - especially 'Good View', without doubt the best Indian food in GA.

We are situated next to the weekly market and the Sports Centre on one side and the 'sierra' on the other.  This is an extensive area of scrubland, mostly stunted pine trees and eucalyptus.  There are may paths across this and we have spent many happy hours wandering around.  The main path leads to the lighthouse and another very wide one leads to Santa Pola.  The area is popular with bikers.

Brisamar can be more windy than urbs. down at the bottom (the clue is in the name) - we are on a headland after all.  This can be an advantage in summer but you need shelter from the icy wind in winter.

So, if you have a large family who like to come for lots of 'free' holidays by the sea then Brisamar is maybe not for you.  Otherwise Brisamar is no better or worse than other urbs.  One soon gets used to the 'hills' and very soon they will not be noticed.  We are in our 70s and regularly walk to the beach.  One can always catch the bus back.

The main disadvantage is the walking distance to catch the bus to Santa Pola or Alicante.  It will take 10 - 15 minutes fast walk downhill to get there.  Most buses do not go so far up the hill but some do.  You need to understand the timetable (an IQ test).  If you have a car of course there is no problem.

Get in touch by private message if you need more detailed information.

Keith
Experience is what you get just after you need it.

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 09:43. »
Thanks Keith, that's very useful ! Not to fussed about a bit of walking as only in our 50's ! :) Not really a beach person but in a couple of years time when we are out there more permanent will be bringing the small dogs so the walks on the doorstep sounds good. Bars are a must so good to hear there is a reasonable selection up in Brisamar. From other comments, it also appears that that part of GA is more all year round than some of the other areas !

Offline JB

About to Buy
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 11:53. »
The beauty of GA which I like is that is doesn't matter where you are living in particular you are always within at the most a 20 to 40 min walk of each of the areas to go and shop / eat / drink.

I was never really a beach person but have to admit the beach in GA has converted me. So I would recommend sampling this as this could be a key decision maker for a location.

Generally to get about to the other areas you are going to have to navigate hills but you get used to it and I see it as some extra burning of calaries to allow for some drinks / Food.

Offline Blacky42

About to Buy
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 12:15. »
Hi all,

New to the forum and I am following this thread with keen interest as we are in a similar position to Pewster.Coming over in mid April for a good look at properties with a view to buying and all the information being given on here is so useful.
Reading this thread and some of the older ones has been invaluable for us in gaining as much local knowledge as we can before we come over so thanks very much to you all,it is much appreciated.

All the best,
Mark

Offline gunner

About to Buy
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 14:40. »
Ga is a really friendly place . Within 5 min of being here . every one will know your business. LOl

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 16:02. »
Well any of you that spot a tall skinny English bloke with his little dark haired wife looking at houses between sunday and Wednesday feel free to say hi ;)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 17:00. »
Just noticed (although I hadn't looked for a while) the Google Streetview has been updated to July 17 - nice sunny day !! - They have covered some areas that was missing before also
BeachLife

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 19:14. »
Have never managed to work out the bus timetable.

Offline kevinb

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 20:49. »
Been looking at the updated street view, its an interesting mix , the main roads are up to date but when I turn into our phase being 4.2b down the hill the view must be around ten years old, just one car in view and our house has plants in the garden I haven't had for years.

Offline Sookie

• Galactic Member
About to Buy
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 11:29. »
I actually downloaded google maps last night to look. Buggered if could get the darn thing to do street view. But I did see our car on the drive in ariel view. So guess that’s something as only started keeping it on the drive March last year.

Offline Pewster

About to Buy
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 14:05. »
More Questions, and I appreciate all the comments but many of you have already done what we are about to so why not pick your brains ?

Costa Hispania community ! Now I assume looking at the pictures ( and the strange looking render on the buildings ) that this is one of the older areas, but location looks great. Would love to hear from anybody on here who has a property on there and can give us some insight into it ?

More general, opening a Spanish Bank Account. I'm assuming were going to need one so how easy will it be to open and what will we need ? We have a uk Santander account so is it going to be easiest for us to just stroll into the Santander at the commercial centre ( any feedback on hours of business would be useful ) and open a Spanish account with them ? and if so, what are we likely to need because at this point we won't yet own a Spanish property or have a Spanish address ?

Thanks again in advance, Dave

Offline lesandtony

About to Buy
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 14:55. »
Costa Hispania is one of the older urbs but very close to beach/ bars and nature reserve. The rendering is a real dust trap though and can soon look untidy. The complex itself has improved a lot in the past few years with garden work taking place and maintenance of pools.  Interiors may also need updates.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk