Author Topic: Issues with signing on  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Ash

• Supreme Member
Issues with signing on
« on: March 10, 2020, 14:26. »
Hi

This message is for the admin for the site

I am unable to log on by using Tapatalk

I have contacted them and below is their reply

Can this site please be updated

Thanks

Ash

Hi Ash,

Thank you for contacting Tapatalk!
That forum is running on an out of date Tapatalk plugin, which is likely causing issues. We contacted the forum owner to update their plugin. Please report the same to your forum admin as requests from members are looked into more quickly.

Chris
Tapatalk Support 

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Issues with signing on
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 15:40. »
Got the same problems myself - Tapatalk (for this forum) doesnt work on the Iphone or IPad

You can access the site but you cant log in

BeachLife

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Issues with signing on
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 15:49. »
Thank you for your enquiries about TAPATALK. I had an email from them just last week telling me that I should update to the latest version, I have deliberately ignored it for the following reasons :-
1. About 12 months ago we were getting a lot of spammers logging in to our forum through the 'back door' using TAPATALK ... they were causing  havoc. Since then every new registration is referred to me for approval before they are allowed to use the forum.
2. TAPATALK has been known to allow spammers to bypass the forum registration settings.  It replaces some key SMF files with it's own variants, which can interfere with future forum updates.
3. The TAPATALK mod is no longer available for installation from the official SMF mods site.

Please take a look at the SMF Forum :-
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=567400.0

I will not be installing any further updates to TAPATALK.