Author Topic: Ryanair hand luggage (policy change)  (Read 1812 times)

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
Ryanair hand luggage (policy change)
« on: September 06, 2017, 15:51. »
I read this that if you are non-priority your bag will be taken off you regardless even if it complies with thier size restriction (55x40x20) which mine does

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-to-lower-checked-bag-fees/
BeachLife

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 23:45. »
We flew yesterday out of ALC, there were far too many carry on bags so staff told last 40 passengers that bags were going in the hold free of charge. Not only is there no space on board  on some flights but the amount of messing about by some passengers with bags everywhere has got ridiculous. Good idea in my opinion.
They dont like it up em !

Offline llamedos

• Galactic Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 00:09. »
It's getting heated on Facebook about this as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 14:09. »
Agree with Victor. We were asked if we wanted to check hand luggage in for free both ways from Gatwick to ALC in June. I prefer it and it made boarding much quicker than people barging for locker room and people taking an age to sit down.

Offline John H

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 14:23. »
It'll work well until most folk decide to book priority......then it's back to square one!!

Regards all

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Offline BeachLife

• Galactic Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 16:32. »
A good start would have been people sticking to the rules on bag sizes. Often spoken about but people are bringing in cleerly oversize bags on and nothing is being done. John H is right about more people booking priority to a point that it could get to the over 90 guaranteed number.

To be honest I would use the hold if it was more reasonably priced (say £10 for a 10kg small bag) and the baggage handlers particularly at BHX could offload the bags in a reasonable time - which they are failing on dismally at the moment
BeachLife

Offline puddy-woo

• Galactic Member
  • x
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 18:26. »
This may have already been mentioned but with Easyjet u can put your hand luggage in the hold for £4 or a family can put all theirs in for a tenner (not sure of limit of family).  We did it this summer. Completely agg free.  It is 5 euros coming back the other way. Not sure if its just a summer thing but also means you can bring back larger than 100ml liquids.  Will be trying that with the Lidls GinVine when we are over in September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casa De Valen Med II

Offline Spurs

• Galactic Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 20:06. »
It's already mad came out weds over 50 % were in the priority queue not sure where it goes from here I guess they will put up price of priority to reduce the numbers

Never seen the priority queue longer than the other queue didn't matter I didn't pay for a seat and luckily got  23c on the isle works for me

Offline Corporal Jones

• Galactic Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 23:45. »
On tuesday we had 3 queues with Ryanair, priority then rows 22 to 30 then others with lots of pushchairs and 4 wheelchair users it was absolute chaos. Personally i dont mind putting bags in the hold, but it really annoys me at the other end waiting for your bags.
They dont like it up em !

Offline Chris C

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 07:11. »
Great idea fair play to Ryanair

Offline Tony Gillam

• Galactic Member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 07:35. »
If there's one thing I won't miss about GA and that's the embarkation/disembarkation at the airports. That applies to any airline, not just Ryanair.